Pipe/Ducting for Ferret Run

As the season is almost at an end my mind has turned to kitting out the ferret run with some new stuff to keep them entertained over Summer. I want to put a network of piping and have been looking at the land drainage pipe at the builders merchants near me. Does anyone else use this and if so what diameter are you using? The most common seems to be 100mm but it looks too small. Also are there any different pipe/duct options that people use and if so where do you get them?

Cheers

If there's any solar farms being set up near you, try there, they use miles of 4" black convoluted tubing that's ideal for ferret runs.

There will be loads of off cuts etc in skips there. Give them an ask, that's how I got mine. HTH

Cheers, D.

10 hours ago, Lamper121 said:

As the season is almost at an end my mind has turned to kitting out the ferret run with some new stuff to keep them entertained over Summer. I want to put a network of piping and have been looking at the land drainage pipe at the builders merchants near me. Does anyone else use this and if so what diameter are you using? The most common seems to be 100mm but it looks too small. Also are there any different pipe/duct options that people use and if so where do you get them?

Cheers

I'm currently putting in pipes for mine, I got them from building sites for nothing, also looking for a exercise wheel for them so if anyone knows were to get, make them please let me know. 

1 hour ago, Lamper121 said:

Nice one lads thanks for info, I'm going to go for the 100mm (4") stuff, I will have a scout about and see if there are any building sites chucking stuff out otherwise its only 50 quid for 25m which is plenty!

Where are you?

Go to site and find the lads doing the drainage, offer them a few bob and they will sort you out I'm sure, if your anywhere near Cardiff I give you as much as you want mate?I got a mixture of 110 soil pipe and 2'' telecoms duct in my ferret court?

You can buy un-perforated land drainage pipe which is better as you don't get daylight entering through the drainage slits.  Black is also best colour as the white and yellow pipes let some daylight through - I guess you want it as realistic (in a light sense) as a rabbit burrow.  100mm (4") diameter is fine, but don't go any smaller.  You can buy it online at https://www.draindepot.co.uk/100mm-x-25m-unperforated-land-drain-coil.html  You'll also pick the perforated variety up at most agricultural stores and builder's merchants.  Most farms and building sites also have part rolls kicking about.

I honestly cant see what difference the colour or letting the light threw matters  any ammenty company digging at the side of the road i would  be asking if a packet of fags would get me the amount i require  or for a larger amount a bottle of spirits 

As said Iv got a quite a big ferret court with loads of various colour pipes and never paid a penny for it. Got most of it from asking at building sites and looking in skips etc.     The colour varies but black yellow and orange seem to be the most common 

On 18/03/2018 at 11:15, Jerry71 said:

I'm currently putting in pipes for mine, I got them from building sites for nothing, also looking for a exercise wheel for them so if anyone knows were to get, make them please let me know. 

Try leeview on here mate. He does wheels. Iv'e got one and the stinkers love it.

I went for the 100mm in the end. I have already put a few runs of it in their cage and they love it, I was worried the Hob would be too big to fit through but I was wrong. Ferrets can practically squeeze through anything!