• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

make it a lefty then

Old argument I know but having both, I would like to weigh in with my thoughts. When I'm shooting well (by my standards) the HW 97 is fantastic but far more hold sensitive than the TX. I can spen

97 allll day long. End of story.  If any TX lads wanna come to Lincolnshire for the HFT comps coming up, your very welcome to come along and prove the TX, and as it’s said on the THL, if any TX i

Posted Images

1 minute ago, villaman said:

I have a SFS imp (HW99) , I shot a tuned 99 and it shot better than the imp 

Mitch the tx200hc 177 i have hear is tuned by SI,brown

when he bought it new he found it snappy as with most 177,s not just the tx

I really dont think i could make it any better mate

Its a nice rifle to shoot but its just not for me just some thing about the rifles i dont like

i dont know if you can remember Marksman off hear now he has shot a hell of a lot of sfs rifles and when he shot this tx and one of my 97,s he say,d they shot better than sfs tuned rifles

to the point it took me a while to get the 97 back off him lol

This tx is smooth to cock and shoot with next to no recoil Viz loves it he was using it the other night when we were out shooting ,

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, villaman said:

I have a SFS imp (HW99) , I shot a tuned 99 and it shot better than the imp 

I've never shot an imp but this 99s of Si's that he's fettled shoots every bit as well as both my tx200s. Yes it's lighter so its less forgiving but once your used to that your away??

• Like 2
3 hours ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

I love my 97 but I do find I've got to be very chilled to get the best out of it.

Any distracting thoughts or uptight vibes and I'm wide of the mark.

I guess that's less true of a PCP or a highly tuned springer.

I think thats the same with all rifles

LJ if your minds not on it

you int going to hit feck all

More so with a springer which requires your full attention

or it bites back.

Yes Tim did like that bit, the LGV/LGU  is a better rifle internally than a tx/prosport/97 by a country mile, the trigger (Which can be sorted) is not as good, I will repeat what I have said before, I have tuned and shot 97s ,tx200s prosports, and not one has had the silky smooth super silent action of the LGV, including rifles done by some well known tuners, I can improve a 97 by miles, turning something that sounds like a car crash into a smooth, nudge your shoulder accurate rifle, I can also improve a tx or prosport as I am sure Philpot and Pianoman will confirm, but I can only very slightly improve (by a spring end polish and a top hat and relube) a n LGV or LGU, still worth doing, but its basically a tweek rather than a drastic improvement ala HW97, I will say it again, with a moderator fitted, and a tweek, improve the trigger, and an LGV/LGU   is in a different league altogether. 

tx looks to be made better I have tx200 mark2 but I like to shoot the 97k . I like the smooth stock and the long reach to the trigger on the 97k . I like the way you can decock tx200 as standard and still have the safety system . they are both nice in their own way

Edited by barrywhite

I owned a Master Pro, not for long mind and put it up against my TX 200 when I had it.

For me, the TX 200 just walked it in all departments, just MY opinion.

I hated the external build quality of the Master Pro and that hideous router mark.

I cannot knock the LGU ( under lever version) nor can I knock the internals of the Master Pro,- they were very smooth but I gleaned far better accuracy from the TX 200 - but do remember that was me, not you.

IMG_0653.JPG.ad610ea936ba9647d3f3ed16635a5a57.JPG

Now I`m waiting for a weather break to test the Pro Sport against my TX 200 HC MK3 .177 but from what I`ve shot up to now this should be interesting.

IMG_0948.JPG.cf5396e31c61548f4619d53582c953ef.JPG

The Pro Sport is untouched.

When I did have the Master Pro she did get a short evenings hunting trip, here`s her results lads.

IMG_0659.JPG.44891606237f8a97d0353242116e26ff.JPG

She took 2 from 2 presentations.

There`s my thoughts for what they are worth.

Good Luck with your choices. :good:

P.S. Would I have a Walther LGU or LGV again ?  " Absolutely" :good:-  a mk2 though.

12 hours ago, mark williams said:

I owned a Master Pro, not for long mind and put it up against my TX 200 when I had it.

For me, the TX 200 just walked it in all departments, just MY opinion.

I hated the external build quality of the Master Pro and that hideous router mark.

I cannot knock the LGU ( under lever version) nor can I knock the internals of the Master Pro,- they were very smooth but I gleaned far better accuracy from the TX 200 - but do remember that was me, not you.

IMG_0653.JPG.ad610ea936ba9647d3f3ed16635a5a57.JPG

Now I`m waiting for a weather break to test the Pro Sport against my TX 200 HC MK3 .177 but from what I`ve shot up to now this should be interesting.

IMG_0948.JPG.cf5396e31c61548f4619d53582c953ef.JPG

The Pro Sport is untouched.

When I did have the Master Pro she did get a short evenings hunting trip, here`s her results lads.

IMG_0659.JPG.44891606237f8a97d0353242116e26ff.JPG

She took 2 from 2 presentations.

There`s my thoughts for what they are worth.

Good Luck with your choices. :good:

P.S. Would I have a Walther LGU or LGV again ?  " Absolutely" :good:-  a mk2 though.

I did offer to remove that router mark for you mark

Iv not shot or held ether of the lgu or the lgv rifles

so cant comment on them

So ill stick to the 97 for now any way

• Like 1

Here we go again........ tx vs 97:p:help:.

Or led zeppelins jimmy page vs deep purple's richie blackmore......

In both cases its the latter!!

Blackmore= the GOAT.

My wife shoots fingernail sized groups with my 22 hw97 at 50 meters.

And she's a WOMAN!!!! If a man would shoot a 5 shot group with it, the group would be smaller than the pellet:).  And if a decent rifleman would shoot my 22, the group would be so small..... you d need magnifying glasses to see the actual group.:)

All joking aside, the picture is a 5 shot group at 50 meters with the 22 97. -Mind you..... its an outdoor range 

I also have a tx, tuned and all, but both my 97s outshoot the tx.

IMG-20180122-WA0003.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...