3/4 Greyhound 1/4 Collie

59 minutes ago, trenchfoot said:

Queer feckers to some those beardies.

But my point was that if you found a source of the best dog you had in 40 years experience, why would you not go back for another? Either it wasnt that good, or experience told you it was a one off.

I get you :thumbs:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 grey 1/4 collie out of chuckles 1987.Temperament ok obedience very easy to train nose wise excellent.

I was after a 3 quarter greyhound quarter collie couldn’t get one anywhere so when to Hancock the bitch I got suited me fine she works with Gun ferrets lamping good hunter Carnt fault the bitch. 

There's a couple there. My sd card corrupted and I lost a lot of photos.  But there's a few of him. Bullet proof temperament couldn't get better.  And whilst all the other pups was on my fee

Posted Images

mine was quirky and the other beardies/crosses iv seen had quirks as well, not enough for you to top yourself though just character, collies in general are quirky imo. Got a beardie cross because of the mad farm borders about?

On 27/03/2018 at 19:58, Marvel said:

Any pictures, was woundering how you were getting on with that big pup, atb

There's a couple there. My sd card corrupted and I lost a lot of photos. 

But there's a few of him. Bullet proof temperament couldn't get better. 

And whilst all the other pups was on my feet and chewing me he sat there and just looked at me.. I was reserved of going through with it... She said if that puts you off don't think you have to have him.. I said no it's fine. Best decision iv ever made and every other pup I pick will be based on being chilled lol. 

Like I say, could of done abit more with him I'm not saying other wise, but circumstances weren't ideal for me, and to be truthful he needed to mature anyway. Both barrels next season though. 

received_10213313316938849.jpeg

received_10213453786730506.jpeg

received_10213455341009362.jpeg

DSC_0067.JPG

FB_IMG_1515801722709.jpg

DSC_0026.JPG

FB_IMG_1515801727223.jpg

• Like 11
6 hours ago, trenchfoot said:

So why did he never have a second one.

dunno mate do ya wanna ring him and ask him???? sumone sed on here that a hancock lurcher has proved nothing and am saying it has, a sed one of the best dogs av seen was bred by hancock, look back through the comments and see what mackem wrote about the same dog, speaks for itself mate. that's it am not arguing just stating a fact mate :drinks:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Somewhereyournot said:

And whilst all the other pups was on my feet and chewing me he sat there and just looked at me.. I was reserved of going through with it... She said if that puts you off don't think you have to have him.. I said no it's fine. Best decision iv ever made and every other pup I pick will be based on being chilled lol. 

Like I say, could of done abit more with him I'm not saying other wise, but circumstances weren't ideal for me, and to be truthful he needed to mature anyway. Both barrels next season though. 

DSC_0067.JPG

FB_IMG_1515801722709.jpg

DSC_0026.JPG

FB_IMG_1515801727223.jpg

is he sired by albus mate, hes a topper mate how big tts is he  fully grown ??

27 minutes ago, Steveswans1987 said:

is he sired by albus mate, hes a topper mate how big tts is he  fully grown ??

No, merlin x dot mate. 

Ye he's fully grown, just slower to mature in his head. He's very keen . I'm happy so far just wish I did a little more so far. 

He's 26tts and around 70lb last time I had him weighed. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Nice sort of Jukel...:yes:

Love that ole Baby mate..bet she's a real character...:laugh:

She is. ? 

She was Never fussed on dogs, until I got a whippet in the pic for the kids n misses. 

Now she's in charge of them both, ? 

Fresh water everyday she puts down, walks them with me. She's the youngest of my two but more into dogs by far, loves them both. 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, trenchfoot said:

So why did he never have a second one.

Where does it say he hasn't had a second one? Or do you know the guy he's on about in person? 

All he's said is that the best dog he's seen in forty years just happened to be Hancock. 

I know a good few Hancock bred dogs past n present that catching all sorts of species. Ye maybe they not ultimate killing machines on heavier quarry, but they don't do half bad at what they are bred for. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Steveswans1987 said:

dunno mate do ya wanna ring him and ask him???? sumone sed on here that a hancock lurcher has proved nothing and am saying it has, a sed one of the best dogs av seen was bred by hancock, look back through the comments and see what mackem wrote about the same dog, speaks for itself mate. that's it am not arguing just stating a fact mate :drinks:

If its me you mean Steve I agree that dog you and mackem spoke of would of been a pleasure to watch work I always like to see a good dog graft and I have seen like I said a few good Hancock's dogs but I have seen far more I wouldnt own running of there own accord sulky stalking half hearted at best and over thinking typical of the collie trait not all by the way and like i said get a good one and there hard to better but you speak of one dog or a small handful out of hundreds  they breed mass produce  how is that proven line and every body definition of proven or tested call it what you will is worlds apart  and to get a good collie x it takes a certain type to get the best out of them and they constantly do as you know :thumbs:

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Somewhereyournot said:

DSC_0067.JPG

FB_IMG_1515801722709.jpg

DSC_0026.JPG

FB_IMG_1515801727223.jpg

That nipper stole me best hat

49 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

If its me you mean Steve I agree that dog you and mackem spoke of would of been a pleasure to watch work I always like to see a good dog graft and I have seen like I said a few good Hancock's dogs but I have seen far more I wouldnt own running of there own accord sulky stalking half hearted at best and over thinking typical of the collie trait not all by the way and like i said get a good one and there hard to better but you speak of one dog or a small handful out of hundreds  they breed mass produce  how is that proven line and every body definition of proven or tested call it what you will is worlds apart  and to get a good collie x it takes a certain type to get the best out of them and they constantly do as you know :thumbs:

Aw well if you put it that way, a just didn't hear much bad about them until av came on this site and a lot a people slagging them off, which pissed iz off after av bought one me self lol hopefully mine has half the ability yours had and al be a happy man ?

• Like 1

I have never owned one buddy nor would I but I think there's more dislike for the Hancock's themselves than the dogs  I'm sure you will do your youngster justice and vice versa good luck on your journey matey and put a few pics up there is some educated folk on here that will help you out if you need it 

• Like 1