3/4 Greyhound 1/4 Collie

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 grey 1/4 collie out of chuckles 1987.Temperament ok obedience very easy to train nose wise excellent.

I was after a 3 quarter greyhound quarter collie couldn’t get one anywhere so when to Hancock the bitch I got suited me fine she works with Gun ferrets lamping good hunter Carnt fault the bitch. 

There's a couple there. My sd card corrupted and I lost a lot of photos.  But there's a few of him. Bullet proof temperament couldn't get better.  And whilst all the other pups was on my fee

Posted Images

8 hours ago, FastDogz said:

No your telling me. Ive had this guy 4 years. He's a rescue. Background unknown and hes a nervous wreck. When he's happy he's very happy but look at him the wrong way and he LITERALLY fucks off with the nearest family and i mean literally. Weve had 4 years of trying, consoling him, ignoring him, rewarding happy state of mind, everything...as you say its just not there. Husband says "let it go!" and walks off embarrassed, i always go and talk him into coming back :icon_redface:

A better trainer would be able to make him come back no matter how you look at him (I'm not that trainer btw) . Coming back when you call is the most very basic obedience there is. When I said you can't put what's not there in my mind that only applies to balls, speed and to a certain point stamina.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Busher100 said:

A better trainer would be able to make him come back no matter how you look at him (I'm not that trainer btw) . Coming back when you call is the most very basic obedience there is. When I said you can't put what's not there in my mind that only applies to balls, speed and to a certain point stamina.

Exactly my point he has no balls. Hes a rescue dog he knew nothing when he came to me and hes recall was zilch. He now comes back 99.9% of the time unless something upsets/worry him then he goes into meltdown. So i think ive trained him quite  well tbh. He can do come back, sit, retrieve, down, stay & blind stay. I dont claim to be a worldbeater trainer :hmm:TBH I dont NEED bags of Speed (most mutts can catch a rabbit), Stamina and Balls ( wont be doing anything bigger than a bunny so not dosnt have be hitting teeth single handed and fighting off lions) like said pup will try his hand at things i mentioned, if hes no good or i fail to train him to standards hes a pet.

ATB

• Like 2
2 hours ago, FastDogz said:

Exactly my point he has no balls. Hes a rescue dog he knew nothing when he came to me and hes recall was zilch. He now comes back 99.9% of the time unless something upsets/worry him then he goes into meltdown. So i think ive trained him quite  well tbh. He can do come back, sit, retrieve, down, stay & blind stay. I dont claim to be a worldbeater trainer :hmm:TBH I dont NEED bags of Speed (most mutts can catch a rabbit), Stamina and Balls ( wont be doing anything bigger than a bunny so not dosnt have be hitting teeth single handed and fighting off lions) like said pup will try his hand at things i mentioned, if hes no good or i fail to train him to standards hes a pet.

ATB

Always train them on lions just in case 

• Haha 1

Goodonya FastDogz:clapper:

If a dog has temperament issues and is of a nervous disposition,..it is extremely hard to combat their disability,..and it is a disability.

The 21st-century lifestyle awards scant allowance for any canine (or human for that matter) that, for whatever reason, cannot fit in...

It is doubtful that you can remedy the affliction at this late hour, all you can do is try to understand the problems that the older dog faces and continue to show understanding. 

As for your new jukel,..get him out at the earliest possible time and allow him to see the world,..and not to fear anything...

It is up to you now...

All the best, Phil.:thumbs:

• Like 6
3 hours ago, FastDogz said:

ATB

Lol very good post that :thumbs:.  Although I will say that I slightly disagree with you about most mutts can catch a rabbit. On some places you are correct, but  some places where we go, you won't be catching any rabbits unless you've got a very quick dog. Some half cross collie/greys, and some of what their owners thought were pretty fast lurcher x lurcher types, have been found wanting for pace when we've gone out.  And the look on their faces was priceless lol.  Anyway, I digress, 'hitting teeth single handed' and 'fighting off lions' has made my day! Lol :thumbs:.

Edited just to add, this was a good while back, as these days I only go out with my son and his dog.  Don't take anyone anymore, far too much hassle and bother.

Your pup looks very nice, good luck with him :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Goodonya FastDogz:clapper:

If a dog has temperament issues and is of a nervous disposition,..it is extremely hard to combat their disability,..and it is a disability.

The 21st-century lifestyle awards scant allowance for any canine (or human for that matter) that, for whatever reason, cannot fit in...

It is doubtful that you can remedy the affliction at this late hour, all you can do is try to understand the problems that the older dog faces and continue to show understanding. 

As for your new jukel,..get him out at the earliest possible time and allow him to see the world,..and not to fear anything...

It is up to you now...

All the best, Phil.:thumbs:

Oh hes going to be exposed to as much as the world has to offer from day one. Steady away as not to overwhelm him like. Im looking forward to it all tbh. 

Atb

19 hours ago, FastDogz said:

Shaddy inbox me :help:

Don’t get one the man hasn’t got a clue his kennels are a shit tip he hasnt worked a dog for years and his daughters never seen a rabbit or anything else, he’s a puppy peddler that should be banned from owning dogs imo, if you want a pup to work go else where, I’m sure there’s some folk off here looking to do some mating this summer out of honest collie crosses, go to Hancock’s and you’ll be disappointed, never seen a good one come out of his kennels yet and iv seen atleast 10 work, that was enough for me

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Hee hee the lad really don't like hancocks ?

Haha give me 1 reason why anybody would like Hancock’s, the man himself and his daughter both nothing but money grabbing b*stards, can anybody speak up for his daughter? Because she told me to my face that she works them dogs I personally beleive it’s bs because when you start quizzing her she can’t answer you, David himself may have done abit in his day but he hasn’t done anything for years, I can’t support anyone who breeds lurchers to make money, it’s either for own use or nothing imo

2 minutes ago, Shaddy93 said:

Haha give me 1 reason why anybody would like Hancock’s, the man himself and his daughter both nothing but money grabbing b*stards, can anybody speak up for his daughter? Because she told me to my face that she works them dogs I personally beleive it’s bs because when you start quizzing her she can’t answer you, David himself may have done abit in his day but he hasn’t done anything for years, I can’t support anyone who breeds lurchers to make money, it’s either for own use or nothing imo

So are you saying you don't really rate them