Countryside March 1998

2 hours ago, YOKEL said:

98 was the second march, 97 was the Hyde park rally. I went to that on a private coach with lord Ivor! T'was a funny old day, ended up in a boozer with a load of fellas from the quantock stag hounds and my mate got propositioned by a dirty old man ?. 98 I dragged my very pregnant missus along. We went down with the Suffolk hunt, a sea of people as far as the eye could see fore and aft. Done no f***ing good tho, the powers that be had already made their minds up. As for 2002, I think I was busy with the bulldogs...

Yokel

I am now confused as to what year I remember.  Its a long time ago now. I remember that there was a plod van with a load of cameras mounted on the roof videoing everyone's face as they were funneled down through a narrow bit. Some blokes covered their faces. The van should have been torched.  We were too peaceful and subservient.  If that had been abroad there would have been a major civil disturbance and maybe the gov of the day would have taken notice.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 2

The first ever rally was in Grassmere Cumbria. We took two coaches up.

Coach up to Scotland for the march there. Them drummers were fantastic!

Train to London for Hyde Park in '97.

Coaches back to London in '98 & 2002.

Chester racecourse too.

Last one i marched at was Brighton. Cant remember the year but i do remember those bunny girl hunt supporters... ?

20160511_205612.jpg

Went to all London marches and meets with Avon Vale hunt .Winding up antis and dodging coppers .Should do it again .I remember some anti giving an interview by a bridge and I hollered at the top of my voice into the  microphone scaring the shit out of her and film crew .Be a good time now that's there's even more support for hunting than there ever was .

• Like 2
On 13/03/2018 at 23:20, Meece said:

20 years ago. Where did the time go? We were ignored.  How many here went on the march? If you did go what recollections do you have? How did you get there? 

I went up on a special train and I remember that we nearly had a set to with a load of antis at the entrance of an underground station on our right just after we came off of the embankment but the police got in between us. We had a bit of a job to find somewhere to eat. Ended up in a tapas bar which cost us a fortune. Blokes in shooting clothes as far as you could see. 

Unfortunately I wasn' old enough. But I remember 1998 very well it was the year I started with the hunting obsession. Aged 10 year old going on my 1st ferreting trip with the lurchers. 

Happy days

i remember having to march in silence like little lambs 

i wonder if things would have been different if we voiced our opinion rather than being like mice 

was only in my teens and remember thinking how are they going to take notice if we are  walking in silence 

Edited by Dabhand
ye
  • Like 1

3 coaches of us went down from yorkshire areas   some of us was told it finished at the park we dropped our banners etc then mooched about ,later we was told the count was at the other end of the park ? so the exact numbers are false lots more people attended than what was reported  bias media 

Did everyone of them and knew on every one we were wasting our time,  the london ones should have been during the week, should of closed the shithole down, the people who we thought were looking after our sports [and taking our money] were shit scared of upsetting the powers that be, we had to march silent, they wouldn't even let us sing in Hyde park, but they did give us a pat on the back for closing the gate when we left

• Like 3

I was at the Hyde park rally and the march and we were too bloody peaceful and law abiding at both.

In Hyde park there were antis coming about us trying to wind people up and we were told not to rise to the bait as it would look bad and send the wrong message.

At the march there was estimated to be half a million people, I don't think they even needed litter pickers after we'd been, we left the place as we found it. The numbers were supposedly played down by our own organisers and when asked why it was said that if we marched again and didn't achieve the same numbers it would look bad and might indicate losing support.

We should just have went at it 100% the one time, no fcuking about, weekday, civil unrest and brought the shithole to a standstill.

We now know what peaceful demonstrations achieve, sweet FA.

Listened to that bstard Blair being interviewed a few months later when asked about some demonstration somewhere abroad had attracted 30,000 people, he said when that amount of people come together you cannot ignore them and their views must be respected.

Fcuker didn't afford us the same consideration.

Hunting wasn't taken from us, we rolled over and gave it away.

• Like 3

We were too genuine,..we were too honest, we were too polite,...we were wrong...it got us nowhere...

What I did learn was,.no matter how passionate, or how tough a group of country sports lads are, they are physically, no match, for a trained group of Riot Police... It was unfair, it was painful,.it was,...emotional...:no:

Photos Mike the Dog...

angerX.jpg.f845f89cdefd152a2e4d2c25488559f4.jpg100_0029group.thumb.jpg.489afb0072dae053098b507e82c4bd6b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Alas the call was ever to the converted never to the the greater forum/ public, tis the same today. The antis propaganda goes and went unchallenged as we sit in our echo chamber.

And definitely none speaks for the lurcher.

I went on them all too. I was even interveiwed for a radio-station but can't remember what I said,something like " If we were a bunch of Red Indians (OK, very un-PC but I was caught off-guard) having our culture destroyed we'd have the world on our side but because we were law-abiding Britons if the Government had its way we'd probably end up on a reservation."

A mate went up to one of the marches early in the morning on his motor-bike and found a neat back street mews to park in.

Or so he thought; turned out when he went back for his bike the place had turned into a police command centre!

Then there was the mounted police charge which didn't work very well because hunting people are not scared of horses. There are "rumours" that some folk had even decided that a police horse might make a good trophy and acted accordingly.

Generally;a waste of time. By the time the Government  announces or leaks anything the deal has quite often been done.

• Like 1

Having seen Ronnie Laine's song the Poacher aired above reminded me of  a couple of other songs

I'm a techno numpty so could someone  put up the you tube thingies of Show of Hands songs "Longdog"and "Country life"