1 hour ago, Phill-W68 said:

Cheers guys much appreciated,  will let the land owner know, he,s already seen a mink after his chickens, might invest in a trail-cam see what's about... 

Ya may tell the owner to clip his dogs nails, cause that's what it is. lol

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Ya may tell the owner to clip his dogs nails, cause that's what it is. lol

Really? , I know the owner does,nt have a dog but I,ll let him know there's a stray about, the owner breeds chickens & geese so he,s wary of anything about.. But Ty for that.. 

It's a canid for sure, dog or fox and shame on the badger caller as all mustelid,s have 5 toes that's all stoats,weasels, mink otters and badgers, anyone else taking footprints for identification it is a big help if you put an everyday item next to the print like a phone or even a coin, tape measure even better, the toes being a bit splayed out and claws like that the animal was possibly running, 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Greyman said:

It's a canid for sure, dog or fox and shame on the badger caller as all mustelid,s have 5 toes that's all stoats,weasels, mink otters and badgers, anyone else taking footprints for identification it is a big help if you put an everyday item next to the print like a phone or even a coin, tape measure even better, the toes being a bit splayed out and claws like that the animal was possibly running, 

Informative, thankyou, will bear that in mind if I come across anything else I'm not sure about... 

Most bull breeds of dog have a rather round footprint which can be quite easily confused for a cat if you can't see the back pad, often wider than it is long , ( know your prey and know your land ) terry grant mantracker