the new pup

:good:

finally found a suitable pup to rear since the departure of one of our young dogs. was a 8 hr drive but she seems to be fitting in well and i have high hopes for her. airedale x huntaway first cross,jess.pup025.jpg

nice looking pup kiwi very well boned for a bitch i wish u all the best with her good luck,im sure shel do well,very square in the head too you can see the aidale a mile off... :good:

gday

u use soem interesting crosses over there, crosses that ive never really heard of much here in australia

huntaway collies etc im talking about

why do you use the particular dogs that u use? what do those dogs do that other breeds dont?

just curious thats all, and no im not a cop mate, lol :D

yeah i know ya not a cop aaron :11: not that it matters if ya were, alot of cops hunt here. but the dogs i use are more designed for the country we hunt in, in aussie you guys seem to favor the mastiff/dane/pit type dogs with the odd lighter type thrown in which is great as they get the results in aussie but wouldn't handle the mountains,bush and rivers we catch our pigs in here. most of our hunting is done on foot so a dogs finding/hunting skills have to be up to the job, the jump off the ute and grab a hog like in your country dosen't happen that often in nz, most pigs are caught in deep bush in some pretty inhospitable places, hence our love of the bailing dog, the louder the better i reckon. holders are great fun to use if ya like the rush of going hand to hand with the pig but for me if my pups want to bail the big boys so i can shoot it, great, less riped dogs :D hence our choice of breeds in our pigdogs, the nz huntaway is a machine of a dog, able to bark it's head off for 12 hrs a day and run up and down hills in the heat and snow every day of the week. a good working dog with natural bailing skills added with a harder dog, bull or boxer is a good prospect for a pigdog pup i reckon. i'm happy with the airedale blood this pup has. as a norm we do use the older breed crosses in nz, stockdogs, labs,bullterriers,boxers etc as they are [bANNED TEXT] was around when our grandparents were hunting and we have just carried on using the same proven crosses, so i am only using the same type of dogs that the guys were hunting 100 yrs ago, they do the job, did you know that one of the first products nz exported was wild pork to australia mate!!!!!!!! seems us kiwi's have been chasing them longer than you blokes :11:

Do you guys hunt with Jagdterriers?

yeah i know ya not a cop aaron :11: not that it matters if ya were, alot of cops hunt here. but the dogs i use are more designed for the country we hunt in, in aussie you guys seem to favor the mastiff/dane/pit type dogs with the odd lighter type thrown in which is great as they get the results in aussie but wouldn't handle the mountains,bush and rivers we catch our pigs in here. most of our hunting is done on foot so a dogs finding/hunting skills have to be up to the job, the jump off the ute and grab a hog like in your country dosen't happen that often in nz, most pigs are caught in deep bush in some pretty inhospitable places, hence our love of the bailing dog, the louder the better i reckon. holders are great fun to use if ya like the rush of going hand to hand with the pig but for me if my pups want to bail the big boys so i can shoot it, great, less riped dogs :D hence our choice of breeds in our pigdogs, the nz huntaway is a machine of a dog, able to bark it's head off for 12 hrs a day and run up and down hills in the heat and snow every day of the week. a good working dog with natural bailing skills added with a harder dog, bull or boxer is a good prospect for a pigdog pup i reckon. i'm happy with the airedale blood this pup has. as a norm we do use the older breed crosses in nz, stockdogs, labs,bullterriers,boxers etc as they are [bANNED TEXT] was around when our grandparents were hunting and we have just carried on using the same proven crosses,  so i am only using the same type of dogs that the guys were hunting 100 yrs ago, they do the job, did you know that one of the first products nz exported was wild pork to australia mate!!!!!!!! seems us kiwi's have been chasing them longer than you blokes :11:

no we don't have jagdterriers in nz, wish we did as they look like handy little dogs. thats one of the box/lab pups dawn. this pic shows a pig caught in the type of bush we hunt in notice the large brown dog trey who has dane in him compared to the smaller types which are better suited, trey is a top pup just he's getting a bit big although he's not slow in the bush, but the other dogs leave him behind in a chase.willow010.jpg

• 4 months later...