Any 1 planning a litter of firstx bull greyhound puppies

17 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

We had this out before shaddy but I’ll say it again I’d never breed out of a bitch to produce fox dogs unless she was killing them herself and I’d go for a slower greyhound that was instead of a flying machine that wasn’t. But most men don’t seem to care so maybe that’s part of the reason there’s so much shite about.

What lines are your dogs from.?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's be real.Anyone who's got a top quality bulldog bitch ain't going to be breeding it to a poxy greyhound  to produce a litter of old lurchers.A top quality bulldog bitch is only gunna be bred to a

Never been able to see the point in the reverse 3/4 bred.What quarry species do we have in the UK that a decent half cross isn't going to do a better job on? and if you are needing to breed your 1/2 c

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Navek said:

Yes boars have tusk... not all of them tho ... and normally there's 3 to 5 dogs on a boar .. always two catch dogs  and 3 or more baying .... any dog when there's 5 of them will grab hold of a boar .. I know a lad who lives in the U.K. And his lurcher has grabbed and held on to boar ( accidentally) many times ... the same dog will not pull and kill teeth ... I also have a mate who lives in Australia been there 10 year plus now and he has a dog that will hold boar but won't grab hold of a fox ... sorry to say but a dog that will grab hold of a boar with another 5 dogs round it doesn't make it game .. everyone has different standards mine and yours are obviously different , 

I've never said catch dogs were game in the way a "game dog" is game. My original question was about hunting ability and would a proven bulldog used for catching add anything to the mix. the dictionary definition of game is "brave, courageous, valiant, plucky, bold ... " I think they've had this argument in the terrier section, where it seems only pit bulldogs can be game, whereas to me a racehorse can be "game",  boxer can be game, etc .  The aussie who told me about his pig hunting said him and his dad used 2 bull arabs as finding catching dogs, whilst these dogs might not be game in the pit sense of the word, running miles to find feral pigs, then catching them, you can't tell me these dogs don't have hunting abilities? Those feral pigs can be 200 - 300lbs, how much does a fox weigh? Don't see that many dogs that grab hold of foxes wearing cut vests ...  

I've been looking for a decent half x for ages lads I know to one decent gengine half x bitch but they enevatively like rocking horse shit decent working bull and decent working greyhounds are just none existent unless you ship off abroad and mooch about the trouble you have its people breeding dogs claiming there this and that then when you dig deeper you start to realise the dog aint all its cracked up to be and you've waisted 18mths with some thing that would be more suited doing speed ball at crufts 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Shaddy93 said:

You can have it out with them yourself if you like I’m pretty sure the men I knock about with have forgot more than me and you will ever know, and anyone that knows any decent men in this game will know them too, just saying I took a chance and it has worked ??‍♂️ I’ll take you out with the dog I have out of the litter when the stubble is here your more than welcome to make the trip bring your dog we will have a cuppa and head out, you can make your own mind up wether the mating was worth doing yourself, ps that isn’t me acting billy big bollocks I’m genuinely being serious your more than welcome to come and make your own judgement but I’m pretty certain you’ll agree with me that what I aimed to get with that mating worked out exactly how I’d planned 

Not shaddy again  going on about that dog is it ha ha ha ha

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Penda said:

I've been looking for a decent half x for ages lads I know to one decent gengine half x bitch but they enevatively like rocking horse shit decent working bull and decent working greyhounds are just none existent unless you ship off abroad and mooch about the trouble you have its people breeding dogs claiming there this and that then when you dig deeper you start to realise the dog aint all its cracked up to be and you've waisted 18mths with some thing that would be more suited doing speed ball at crufts 

Which is the reason it’s a good idea to bred your own penda. Put the leg work in and you’ll be rewarded. 

Never been able to see the point in the reverse 3/4 bred.What quarry species do we have in the UK that a decent half cross isn't going to do a better job on? and if you are needing to breed your 1/2 cross back to a bulldog to improve on something then your half cross isn't worth breeding from.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2