Any 1 planning a litter of firstx bull greyhound puppies

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's be real.Anyone who's got a top quality bulldog bitch ain't going to be breeding it to a poxy greyhound  to produce a litter of old lurchers.A top quality bulldog bitch is only gunna be bred to a

Never been able to see the point in the reverse 3/4 bred.What quarry species do we have in the UK that a decent half cross isn't going to do a better job on? and if you are needing to breed your 1/2 c

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Wouldn't they be the same thing.? I imagine you would have to be game to be a proven hog dog.

Now that is using the term game loosely. Can you even compare a bulldog holding  onto a hogs lug for a couple of minutes and usually with company to bulldog doing battle in the box.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Now that is using the term game loosely. Can you even compare a bulldog holding  onto a hogs lug for a couple of minutes and usually with company to bulldog doing battle in the box.

I don't know but some of those hog dogs charge in head first without any thought for there well being and there giving away alot of weight.

49 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Wouldn't they be the same thing.? I imagine you would have to be game to be a proven hog dog.

Doesn't take a game dog to catch hogs.Youve only got to look at some of the crosses and pure breeds that get used as catchdogs.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

But if a bulldogs being used as a catch dog you know it's going to get stuck in even if it's been nowhere near the  box, would anyone consider using this type?

Yip I would if hadn’t access to anything else. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Whys that ds. Lol. Please please explain yourself for us mere mortals.

So you use a dog that's never had it's gameness looked at because it will grab a pig for a minute tops.Then you water it down even more by putting it to a greyhound and expect to get something decent.Doesnt take a lot of explaining.

47 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Don't some of the pig hunters in oz get catch dogs from the pound? And I was reading a old story from Texas or similar about game dogs and the fella used to sell his curs and non starters to hog hunters for catch dogs 

Most dogs if schooled right can hold a hog/boar, can't really call them game in the same way a dog has to be game for the box imo. 

Guest Navek
14 hours ago, robertb123 said:

But if a bulldogs being used as a catch dog you know it's going to get stuck in even if it's been nowhere near the  box, would anyone consider using this type?

How do you  know it’s going get stuck in ? I know lads who have dogs that will grab hold of a hog but won’t grab hold of teeth 

theres plenty of dogs that will grab hold of a hog but not take teeth all over the world ..look at the lab x boxer used for hogging but won’t touch teeth 

comparing  hog dog to a game box dog is like comparing a pub brawler to Muhammad Ali 

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

So you use a dog that's never had it's gameness looked at because it will grab a pig for a minute tops.Then you water it down even more by putting it to a greyhound and expect to get something decent.Doesnt take a lot of explaining.

As I don’t know anybody that hunts pigs it isn’t going to happen and I have access to decent bull blood if I need it so it was purely in theory. But if it was all I had access to then yip I would use it better than the local chav from the estates bulldog and better than buying in a pup you know nothing about

• Like 1