Any 1 planning a litter of firstx bull greyhound puppies

1 hour ago, Navek said:

Like already stated by DS no one with a ch bitch or a gr ch bitch is going put a greyhound over it ..  people who are in to lurcher who have a bull knocking round may well put a greyhound over it. But as for importing semen from the states for stupid money .... well there's a old saying a fool and his money are easily parted ... now I'm not suggesting busher100 your a fool all I'm saying is this " if you get in touch with someone from the states and tell them you have no contact in the bull terrier game/ world and you want to buy some semen of them I'd be very weary about what they send you . That if you could get in touch with them in the first place . Then you'd have to worry about the paper work of it all as you'd be shopping in semen of a dog listed in the U.K. ( not Ireland) as illegal ... like I say be easier to get a stud from Ireland. There are plenty of lads knocking around with full bulls on council estates in the U.K. but unfortunately half of them aren't even proper bulls and the other half that are probly less than a 1/4 would be worth breeding off 

Doesn't Garner import Semen, plenty in Europe will as well.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's be real.Anyone who's got a top quality bulldog bitch ain't going to be breeding it to a poxy greyhound  to produce a litter of old lurchers.A top quality bulldog bitch is only gunna be bred to a

Never been able to see the point in the reverse 3/4 bred.What quarry species do we have in the UK that a decent half cross isn't going to do a better job on? and if you are needing to breed your 1/2 c

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Same as the greyhounds there breeding out of then. How many top class producing dams have ever produced a lurcher.

Don’t mean to blow my own trumpet but the bitch I used you’d struggle to get better breeding and I chucked a big heavy useless good for nothing bull greyhound over her 

Guest Navek
51 minutes ago, tinytiger said:

Heard of sisters of very famous greyhounds being used.more common than top class pit blood.I know someone putting a second cross 3/4 bred to a full bull bitch (she looks like mayday/Hollingsworth breeding),be interesting to see how they turn out.

Thers some mayday blood for open stud in Ireland. Son of ch lukane i think 

Id say greyhound bitches have been a fair bit more than "top quality" bull bitches in producing lurchers of that sort . I think your chances of getting a stud would be easier ,unless you already own a "top quality" bitch in which case you'd be better served doing that breed a service and using a top quality dog over her ,as they must be worth their weight in gold,and I'd be gutted to lose the blood.

2 hours ago, tinytiger said:

Heard of sisters of very famous greyhounds being used.more common than top class pit blood.I know someone putting a second cross 3/4 bred to a full bull bitch (she looks like mayday/Hollingsworth breeding),be interesting to see how they turn out.

Did the bitch ever do anything herself tiny.

8 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Decent bitch for lurchers. But can’t be compared to a top class bulldog in comparison. 

Oh no sorry I wasn’t saying that I meant as far as getting a good well bred greyhound bitch you’d do very well to get better breeding than the bitch I used

atb

Guest Navek
15 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Doesn't Garner import Semen, plenty in Europe will as well.

Maybe so . I've never really looked in to it . I wouldn't  like importing semen from the states as I wouldn't like to sign any paper work and wouldn't like to risk inserting a good bitch with semen that could be off any old hound . 

Sure there plenty of lads that have done it and are still doing it but me myself wouldn't .  

4 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

Just out of interest if it were possible, when using bulldog for a bull x would you go for game blood or go for a bulldog used as a proven catch dog on hogs?

Wouldn't they be the same thing.? I imagine you would have to be game to be a proven hog dog.

• Haha 1