Irritated paws

Anyone know any remedies for irritated paws and possible allergies? 

Out visiting family abroad and they have a lovely mastiff x ridgeback but he gets things like pollen on his paws and they get red and inflamed - he then licks them and they get worse. 

Hes on Lorreradine anti histamine and some steroid (blue tablets - 20mg of presnisolone)  but they’ve never got him good enough to just be on the anti histamine. 

He also has his feet washed in Malaceb anti fungal wash once a week ish at least and more if he’s bad. 

Issues they are having is that they can’t walk him that much as when he is out a lot it gets much worse and his feet really flare up - and they’re not too happy leaving him home all day. 

When it is bad he can lick it a lot and get sores on his feet which can wheep and are open. 

Aopreciate any remedies or tips  

what im about to suggest may appear useless,but i tried it along time ago ,recommended by a old guy,i tried it a hay presto it actually works,for real,no fancy tablets ,just simple ALLOVERA,ITS A PLANT ,just rub on infected area,and leave the rest to nature,doesnt matter if dog licks it,its all natural mate,will do no harm actually you can use on yourself for any serious cuts,hope this helps

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I don’t get ya sorry mate? 

Its like inbetween the pads on his paws are red and irritation 

7 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I don’t get ya sorry mate? 

Its like inbetween the pads on his paws are red and irritation 

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Anyone know any remedies for irritated paws and possible allergies? 

Out visiting family abroad and they have a lovely mastiff x ridgeback but he gets things like pollen on his paws and they get red and inflamed - he then licks them and they get worse. 

Hes on Lorreradine anti histamine and some steroid (blue tablets - 20mg of presnisolone)  but they’ve never got him good enough to just be on the anti histamine. 

He also has his feet washed in Malaceb anti fungal wash once a week ish at least and more if he’s bad. 

Issues they are having is that they can’t walk him that much as when he is out a lot it gets much worse and his feet really flare up - and they’re not too happy leaving him home all day. 

When it is bad he can lick it a lot and get sores on his feet which can wheep and are open. 

Aopreciate any remedies or tips  

Camarosa cream might help

A lot of red nose pits get that over here,only at certain times of year,so must be a weed or its pollen as you say.Seems to be when young and they grew out of it eventually..Mate used to put Vaseline every morning on the dogs feet and seemed to work.Also the mrs used to hunt pigs  in bad stinging nettle occasionally, the only way was to cover the whole dog with Vaseline.The locally bred pig dogs were immune to the sting.

I have seen this in some pit bulls, the one we have that suffers from a simulair thing, she would break out in small lumps not just on her feet, that eventually scab if left.

The condition was difficult to diagnose, coconut oil helped, in the end it was diet related changed her food to mainly raw fixed it. Good luck with it.