Why is this not being attended to ?

Why is this not being attended to ? Surely the telephone system should be taken out or the person taken to a nut clinic and then issued with a thirty thousand volt flash over. These people could cause someone to die because they keep abusing the ambulance service. They should be culled.wasters.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Five patients made 8,303 emergency calls in a year - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43293581

• Like 1

It's always someone else's fault isn't it? "The callers' needs are not being met." FFS.

If you continually used your car or gun inappropriately you'd have them taken off you. These people should have their phone lines removed.

31 minutes ago, walshie said:

It's always someone else's fault isn't it? "The callers' needs are not being met." FFS.

If you continually used your car or gun inappropriately you'd have them taken off you. These people should have their phone lines removed.

:thumbs:

5 hours ago, walshie said:

:thumbs:

I can see how calls from one number can mount up over a 12 month period , when I was a carer I phoned for a paramedic at least twice a week , I worked nights & was partnered with 1 other carer to supervise & assist 35 clients, who all had dementia & or other mental health conditions, you cant possibly be in 35 rooms all at the same time , so due to there conditions it was common to find clients on the floor with head injury's & it was a company policy to ring for an ambulance 

19 minutes ago, Kay said:

I can see how calls from one number can mount up over a 12 month period , when I was a carer I phoned for a paramedic at least twice a week , I worked nights & was partnered with 1 other carer to supervise & assist 35 clients, who all had dementia & or other mental health conditions, you cant possibly be in 35 rooms all at the same time , so due to there conditions it was common to find clients on the floor with head injury's & it was a company policy to ring for an ambulance 

I can see that too. But there's a difference between 2 calls a week for legitimate reasons and 10 calls a day because the caller is an idiot. 

we get similar at work......folk refused entry to the nightclub often ring 999 to complain....:laugh:.....fuckwits..the sad part is of course tying up a controler on the other end that should be dealing with real emergencys.....

31 minutes ago, TOMO said:

we get similar at work......folk refused entry to the nightclub often ring 999 to complain....:laugh:.....fuckwits..the sad part is of course tying up a controler on the other end that should be dealing with real emergencys.....

They ring plod over there if KFC has no chicken ffs thick cnuts.

The worst individual rang the ambulance service 3000 times in a year. One wonders whether this kind of number increases the funding for the service since they refused to condemn this individual.

I'd be tempted to put his phone somewhere where dialling would be impossible but he could still carry it round with him.

• Haha 1

I can't understand why someone isn't doing more to help these people's ODD needs. There is a difference between a carer dealing with 35 people with difficulties ringing up for assistance and 5 people ringing up 8303 times in a year.  And thats in one region.  as long as there wasn't a real medical emergency I  would have thought that when these people ring 999 that the call would have been diverted to the persons carere. Or somewhere, anywhere.  Ringing up about kfc not having any chicken ain't an emergency. It might be an inconvenience, you might have been looking forward to it but it ain't an emergency. Someone could go round there with a hammer but then they would genuinely be in a pickle and need the phone. Difficult.