Not many get a second chance .....

2 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Simple conclusion take the jukes on her own single one his only reinforcing this behaviour working her with others  she sees has a threat to her catch ,it can be difficult text book retrievers under any condition these days  ya don't see many. Mainly caused by pack keepers of old  one hopes she does not start to see you has a threat socks and the retrieving goes out the window,I have seen this ,your tone of voice on the video I picked up on straight away, the bitch his posturing to submissive behaviour a straight confident  retriever              she still may make but go easy because decline happens rapidly  please take this has a positive because believe me seen it all before  quality sapling good killer bred right enough over zealous handler.atb bunnys

Can't believe I'm writing this, but I actually agree with you! Lol.  Tone of voice is key with any pup, especially in situations with other dogs around.

That's all I'm saying on the subject. Don't want people jumping down my throat lol

• Haha 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What answer did I give you    Who the f**k are ya , ??  When my wife died in 2004 I gave up proper hunting    I just f****d about with rabbits , I had a saluki type at the time of her death I cou

What he said and sorry for being a nob

Very happy with the commitment this pup shows ... she never gives up on a chase and very little gets away from her due to her determination ..... her only niggle that's started creeping in is being te

6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Can't believe I'm writing this, but I actually agree with you! Lol.  Tone of voice is key with any pup, especially in situations with other dogs around.

That's all I'm saying on the subject. Don't want people jumping down my throat lol

It don't make one eye oat ta me it his what it his yas not what they say when it staring ya right in the face but ya Cana the feck see it lol.atb bunnys

• Like 1
2 hours ago, billhardy said:

Simple conclusion take the jukes on her own single one his only reinforcing this behaviour working her with others  she sees has a threat to her catch ,it can be difficult text book retrievers under any condition these days  ya don't see many. Mainly caused by pack keepers of old  one hopes she does not start to see you has a threat socks and the retrieving goes out the window,I have seen this ,your tone of voice on the video I picked up on straight away, the bitch his posturing to submissive behaviour a straight confident  retriever              she still may make but go easy because decline happens rapidly  please take this has a positive because believe me seen it all before  quality sapling good killer bred right enough over zealous handler.atb bunnys

She has to work with other dogs and through out her career will work with lots of strange dogs so has to learn to bring game in when other dogs are around which I will sort out ... as for tone of voice she doesn't react to being all high pitched and excited ... if you give her a growl as I did she reluctantly listens but listens none the less ... you could scream in this dogs face until was cowering like a scared rabbit and ten seconds later she would be jumping all over you with the row forgotten about ... I've had dogs that you couldn't look at in a bad way without them holding a grudge all day ... I know what this pup reacts to and what she doesn't and she responds to a quick lowering of the voice as you seen on the video ... the video wasn't really put up for advice it was put up to show a determined pup catching hard rabbits and then to show how some dogs behave when there are strange dogs around ... I could have edited the video just as the dog got to me and made her look brilliant but as I've said before I show my videos and dogs warts and all .... 

on the flip side to this if you watch the previous video I put up you will see the same youngster purposely go in the opposite direction to where I am because the lad with me is in the way and she only wants to give her catch to me ... however it only takes a quick whistle and in she comes and happily gives me the rabbit .......

• Like 2

I don’t know socks my dog became aggressive to strange dogs that apear out of the blue , and it only got worse , not saying your in for it , he will work with any dog and not bat an eye dog or bitch , won’t even look at another digs rabbit , but a dog apearing uninvited ???? Feckin embarrassment , would of got rid but the kids and wife wouldn’t let, roll on the Feckin thing curling its toes up , 

7 hours ago, socks said:

She has to work with other dogs and through out her career will work with lots of strange dogs so has to learn to bring game in when other dogs are around which I will sort out ... as for tone of voice she doesn't react to being all high pitched and excited ... if you give her a growl as I did she reluctantly listens but listens none the less ... you could scream in this dogs face until was cowering like a scared rabbit and ten seconds later she would be jumping all over you with the row forgotten about ... I've had dogs that you couldn't look at in a bad way without them holding a grudge all day ... I know what this pup reacts to and what she doesn't and she responds to a quick lowering of the voice as you seen on the video ... the video wasn't really put up for advice it was put up to show a determined pup catching hard rabbits and then to show how some dogs behave when there are strange dogs around ... I could have edited the video just as the dog got to me and made her look brilliant but as I've said before I show my videos and dogs warts and all .... 

on the flip side to this if you watch the previous video I put up you will see the same youngster purposely go in the opposite direction to where I am because the lad with me is in the way and she only wants to give her catch to me ... however it only takes a quick whistle and in she comes and happily gives me the rabbit .......

A knows what yas getting at socks and that's all well and good but the bitch showing typical submissive behaviour ,the bitch looks like a walk in the park I'll says no more but y'all having it legging off till the coast his clear then coming in with the relieve seen them even hiding till the coast his clear its not         about sensitvity it's about submissive behaviour different and they are usually very eager ta please etc.its much more easier with that type single you are her world introduce the others steadily ,a top no no essence dominant type don't give a feck if there's a war going on round you focus only on handler take it ta what it his my take on the vids.atb bunnys

1 hour ago, billhardy said:

A knows what yas getting at socks and that's all well and good but the bitch showing typical submissive behaviour ,the bitch looks like a walk in the park I'll says no more but y'all having it legging off till the coast his clear then coming in with the relieve seen them even hiding till the coast his clear its not         about sensitvity it's about submissive behaviour different and they are usually very eager ta please etc.its much more easier with that type single you are her world introduce the others steadily ,a top no no essence dominant type don't give a feck if there's a war going on round you focus only on handler take it ta what it his my take on the vids.atb bunnys

She will be fine bill it's really not a problem ......