Coursing sire for stud wanted

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£ 500

I like whippet/greys , I think they can be underrated at times .. but put to the right lurcher I think they can produce some cracking mutts 

Would you no think of putting a greyhound whippet over her if she lacks speed just a thought 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I would go for a whip grey personally they are better dog's than either parent from what I've seen 

Ah but whippet grey is itself an F1 so you know what you’re you are getting when you cross a grey and a whippet  but use that to cross and you’re in for a mixed bag, especially when crossed with a lurcher, even back to a grey you would get an F2 varience.Image result for diagram comparing f1 to f2 genetics

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, sandymere said:

Ah but whippet grey is itself an F1 so you know what you’re you are getting when you cross a grey and a whippet  but use that to cross and you’re in for a mixed bag, especially when crossed with a lurcher, even back to a grey you would get an F2 varience.Image result for diagram comparing f1 to f2 genetics

Wise words brother wise words 

10 minutes ago, sandymere said:

:pardon:no I just make it up like a monkey at a keyboard:laugh:.

220px-Chimpanzee_seated_at_typewriter.jpg

I'll come up with Shakespeare one day.:thumbs:

Shakespeare was a good dog man always remember him saying thee greyhound doth not as canny as yon hybrid cur 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Shakespeare was a good dog man always remember him saying thee greyhound doth not as canny as yon hybrid cur 

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!”

or

"Ay, in the catalogue ye go for men;
As hounds, and greyhounds, mongrels, spaniels, curs,
Shoughs, water-rugs, and demi-wolves, are 'clept
All by the name of dogs: the valued file
Distinguishes the swift, the slow, the subtle,
The housekeeper, the hunter, every one
According to the gift which bounteous nature
Hath in him closed.
"

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Thought you was growing weed for a second! 

And I was thinking about a good strong whippet as well to achieve that said previously. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i would go for a straight grew also. you will get an even litter. and speed .  and chancs are they wont be over sized. most bitches and some of the dogs should be a handy size. and you will have the pick .

48 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Pain in the arse round here them demi wolves 

I  all ways suggest coursing types to cross to lurchers as the mix often produces, however you say your bitch is collie'fied and the pup you want is for lamping,  and you already have saluki in your bitch, so stamina  probably ok,  then a grew be the way to go for me all day long.

• Like 2