Nitesite viper/wolf

Bit of help needed, has anyone used the above NV on a MTC VIPER CONNECT 3-12X32 scope? Ive been told you have to cut down the rubber eyepiece due to the next to no  eye relief on the scope, also its a fine crosshair on the connect, is it still clear through the nitesite, cheers.... 

12 hours ago, just-A-snap said:

Is the eyepiece not detachable? I always thought that it was.

All the very best

The eyepiece off the nitesite is detachable, just not sure how much has to be cut off, was wondering if anyone had used one... 

3 hours ago, Phill-W68 said:

The eyepiece off the nitesite is detachable, just not sure how much has to be cut off, was wondering if anyone had used one... 

Is the Viper Connect Rubber Eyepiece not detachable?    If it is just the NV, then it is a question of how much focus leeway it has to focus on the reticle. 

All the very best

21 hours ago, just-A-snap said:

Is the eyepiece not detachable? I always thought that it was.

All the very best

Yes sorry mate I didnt understand what you meant at first, the rubber eyepiece on the mtc comes off... 

5 hours ago, just-A-snap said:

Is the Viper Connect Rubber Eyepiece not detachable?    If it is just the NV, then it is a question of how much focus leeway it has to focus on the reticle. 

All the very best

Yes mate, the rubber eyepiece on the mtc is detachable, I just wondered how much of the nitesite eyepiece I would have to cut off to get the right focus, that's why I asked if anyone had used the combo before, before I fork out £600-£700, because the crosshair on the mtc are very fine..... ? 

Once the NiteSite tube is on the scope  the camera will fit in it without any problems as the tube has a stop point and it will not travel any further.  If new RT unit the focus is on the wheel on the side, if older units then you have to do it by focusing the lens. 

This may be of some help

All the very vest

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1

Right Phill, I was up for one of these scopes until I was told that they are NOT suitable for add on NV so I didn't buy one. Now the bloke who told me that was an idiot by the name of Tony Belas, MD of MTC / Daystate.

On my next visit to MTC stand at another show, I spoke to the same dick again who on this occasion said it was fine to use an add on NV despite the web site stating it is not suited..............................................:icon_eek:

Nitesite now produce an adjustable solid camera holder which would allow you to set the camera where it was needed but when I phoned Nitesite for a price, I was somewhat taken back as they thought it was going to be about £70 but this was before it had been launched so perhaps it is a better price than that and worth a phone call. 

https://www.nitesite.com/products/accessories/eye-relief-adjuster

Hope that helps.

Phil

• Like 1