high strung pup

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never have or ever would show any pup anything in a cage nor would I show one a hole end after a dig what they suppose to learn from  any of that and I'm not fine with either and just read up on bai

If that's how most Americans work their terriers by letting them work loose and find holes for themselves then fair play to them. It's exactly how I like to do it myself. IMO it tests a terriers nose

It's called sarcasm, don't worry it'll reach your side of the pond one day 

We here have to avoid badgers and their settls at all cost or run the risk of 6 months in the slammer and or 6 grand fined .Same applies to disturbing a settle in pursuit of fox .Those that know the game will study earth before allowing a dog to enter to determine exactly whats at home be that with a marking lurcher or terrier on lead .

If that's how most Americans work their terriers by letting them work loose and find holes for themselves then fair play to them. It's exactly how I like to do it myself. IMO it tests a terriers nose much more than being pointed at a hole and released. I get a big thrill out of seeing a terrier hit a line and follow one to ground to be dug too. I don't get so big a thrill when they hit a line and disappear for a few anxious hours but I'm used to it. it usually happens when I'm going out for dinner or going to visit my parents but that's terriers.

But, if I lived in Britain with their massive badger population and their massive busy body population I'd probably do things the way they do now. 

• Like 4