high strung pup

A hunting dog is cut loose and finds his own setts to enter, his own drifts to check etc.. a hunting dog is not hand walked on a lead to a loaded set he finds his own game.. night and day from the states to the uk  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never have or ever would show any pup anything in a cage nor would I show one a hole end after a dig what they suppose to learn from  any of that and I'm not fine with either and just read up on bai

If that's how most Americans work their terriers by letting them work loose and find holes for themselves then fair play to them. It's exactly how I like to do it myself. IMO it tests a terriers nose

It's called sarcasm, don't worry it'll reach your side of the pond one day 

12 hours ago, Jambalaya said:

Well.. I've never been there but EVERYONE I talk too says the terriers are not free casted there.. They are hand walked to marked earth's.. I understand that maybe that's the way you must do it and I won't call you baiters but that's not hunting either..     

Hounds do the hunting, terriers do the earth work there’s a clue in the name. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Hounds do the hunting, terriers do the earth work there’s a clue in the name. 

I personally wouldn't feed any dog I had to hand walk to loaded setts.. they either find their own or push daisies around here.

1 hour ago, Jambalaya said:

I personally wouldn't feed any dog I had to hand walk to loaded setts.. they either find their own or push daisies around here.

Don’t be telling your granny how to suck eggs fella.

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Jambalaya said:

What a statement .... so when your terrier runs off  on sent .. how do You find them .... As they can run off an drop in earths you don't even no ther there ... you could spend the day f***ing about trying to find the dog 

Edited by ziggy
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Jambalaya said:

A hunting dog is cut loose and finds his own setts to enter, his own drifts to check etc.. a hunting dog is not hand walked on a lead to a loaded set he finds his own game.. night and day from the states to the uk  

So you walk to an area loose the terrier presumably with a location collar on. You walk endlessly round the wood or whatever area you are in. After spending all that time searching you get a bleep on the locator box to find the earth is under a huge rock seam or slab. You only keep dogs that stay till dug . So then what ? 

19 minutes ago, jake824 said:

So you walk to an area loose the terrier presumably with a location collar on. You walk endlessly round the wood or whatever area you are in. After spending all that time searching you get a bleep on the locator box to find the earth is under a huge rock seam or slab. You only keep dogs that stay till dug . So then what ? 

I take it as it comes pal..