metal detecters

1 hour ago, dave88 said:

There's a few lads on here that do it. I mentioned it before but I dunno why their isn't a metal detecting sub section on here...seems to be enough interest in it

good idea why not propose it

Theres a development near me right alongside a roman road,they have just taken the top layer of soil off,might check it out this weekend after dark (don't want odd looks of people driving past) :ninja:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just seen this guy detecting on a thai beach,seen a few detectorists on beaches in asia over the years,this guy had only found a handful of baht but he has only just started his session.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

2 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Done afew beaches lately, beast from the east stripped a lot of sand off, had some nice vicy silver and pre decimel , love using my explorer for beach work  but heavy 

no sand left on beach near me,worst iv'e ever seen it..

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Done afew beaches lately, beast from the east stripped a lot of sand off, had some nice vicy silver and pre decimel , love using my explorer for beach work  but heavy 

I have the sovereign XS was thinking of upgrading to an XP deus  but don't really detect enough nowadays to warrant it.

As much as I understand the draw of metal detecting, I am not interested in it myself. Funny story though!

I work as a 999 call handler for the fire service. Got a call from the police the other week and she said "Hi, we've just a had a call from a metal detecting enthusiast". I will just say now, no conversation that begins with 'I have just had a call from a metal detecting enthusiast" ends well. Low and behold within an hour we had a 500m cordon in place and EOD on the way. Luckily it wasn't a bomb but the EOD boys did say "We can definitely see why they thought it could be a bomb". Balls of steel them blokes, they walked up to it with nothing but a shovel. No bomb-proof suit, no robot, just a rusty shovel and some elbow grease! Even after they said 'Well it could definitely be something'.  It was just up the road from a RAF site used during WWII. Bloody metal detectorists :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2