Adverse Weather Preparations

Food Storage  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How much food do you have in the house in case of emergency?

• Shop Day To Day.
    • 1-7 Days
    • 7-14 Days
    • 14-21 Days
    • 21-28 Days
    • 28+ Days

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/18 at 06:00

7 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

hmmm

couple of things stand out

sharp knife

duct tape

i would be concerned if i seen roll of poly and folding shovel lol

:laugh:

The truck has a snow shovel in it anyway at this time of year, although I've not had to so much as look at it yet. The bags go in whatever vehicle I'm commuting in. Sharp knife is for opening the packets rather than a murdering!

• Haha 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not been as bad as you read mate, the weather has,nt got any harder but the people a lot softer, surprisingly hard to walk in snow in skinny jeans tucked into socks,daps and a Tshirt, I was fine

Morrison's were out of brioche cobs last night! I take it back, this is a crisis!

Nowt changed by my end like other then the local shop didn't have any copies of the sun which I'm sure nobody gave a f**k about! People were out in there shorts on bikes the lot even when it was comin

1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

:laugh:

The truck has a snow shovel in it anyway at this time of year, although I've not had to so much as look at it yet. The bags go in whatever vehicle I'm commuting in. Sharp knife is for opening the packets rather than a murdering!

funny

made my day mate

i learnt the hard way up here.always from october onwards shovel,tow rope.1/2 tank atleast of fuel

and a bar of chocolate,spare pack of rollie papers case the pack i have gets wet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Ted Newgent said:

funny

made my day mate

i learnt the hard way up here.always from october onwards shovel,tow rope.1/2 tank atleast of fuel

and a bar of chocolate,spare pack of rollie papers case the pack i have gets wet

Same this way. I stocked up a little more but the kit has evolved through last few years. The basics are the same but getting stuck in the Mojave in summer is a lot different to getting stuck in arse end of the Rockies in winter! If I have half a tank or less I fill up before I leave town because you never know!

Do you have a vacuum sealer? Sealing some things and leaving them in the truck all the time has worked pretty well especially things that spoil when they get wet.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Same this way. I stocked up a little more but the kit has evolved through last few years. The basics are the same but getting stuck in the Mojave in summer is a lot different to getting stuck in arse end of the Rockies in winter! If I have half a tank or less I fill up before I leave town because you never know!

Do you have a vacuum sealer? Sealing some things and leaving them in the truck all the time has worked pretty well especially things that spoil when they get wet.

not had the need for one really

its rare i drop my baccy papers,learnt the hard way again lol

we dont venture to far and if (like just before xmas i blew my tranny seal)

i know enough farmers who will come and get me.always taken care when out when its -30c ish outside

15 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

i know enough farmers who will come and get me.always taken care when out when its -30c ish outside

That's always good to know. I can call a few but I'm usually driving these mountain roads in the early hours and I'd feel a right c*nt calling them out. When the fleet trucks breakdown we have to sit and wait and that can take hours depending on who they send.

17 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

i enough meat for over a month.

2 deer

1/2 elk

bits of moose

200 duck/geese breasts

bits of lamb , a few beef steaks,couple of hams and bags of frozen veggies.

shop is 1/4 mile away and is always stocked.

not much for tinned stuff hanging around,fckn missus did one on me without stocking the cupboards.

push comes to shove i have 18kg of kibble dog food for snacks .

That's a flogging offence eating the dogs grub. Have consideration man !

14 hours ago, jiggy said:

By friday I was honestly about to ask green lurchers what is the best way to cook a 9 year old springer spaniel. I bet he knows too.

you going to hell for a thought like that. You are a bad man.

Anyway the snow only lasts for a day at most here so those sort of thoughts don't happen. We've taken precautions to secure provisions for the spaniel  for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Meece
  • Haha 1

We never buy any extra and always seem to survive , i hope the greedy barstools that  stockpiled all the bread and milk have it go rotten on them 

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, walshie said:

I just read in Wales online that a Londis in Newport was charging £3 for a loaf over the weekend. They had lots left apparently. :laugh: The store manager (name witheld but I bet it isn't Elfed Davies) said he wasn't ripping anyone off. 

Manager of the local Spa Mr Abdul Abalafaj said "£3 for a loaf? I'm not going to lower my prices just because of a bit of snow." 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Morrison's were out of brioche cobs last night! I take it back, this is a crisis!

Morrisons?Paul Rhodes in notting hill :thumbs: don't let standards slip :laugh:

• Haha 1