Adverse Weather Preparations

Food Storage  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How much food do you have in the house in case of emergency?

• Shop Day To Day.
    • 1-7 Days
    • 7-14 Days
    • 14-21 Days
    • 21-28 Days
    • 28+ Days

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/18 at 06:00

1 minute ago, kinkell said:

Depends where you stay out in the sticks with roads totally impassable different scenario

Of course. But for 99% of the population, even rural, it's just a minor inconvenience. Even in those outer reaches where only shepherds and farmers live, they tend to be the folks with the machinery to clear roads and travel in adverse conditions.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not been as bad as you read mate, the weather has,nt got any harder but the people a lot softer, surprisingly hard to walk in snow in skinny jeans tucked into socks,daps and a Tshirt, I was fine

Morrison's were out of brioche cobs last night! I take it back, this is a crisis!

Nowt changed by my end like other then the local shop didn't have any copies of the sun which I'm sure nobody gave a f**k about! People were out in there shorts on bikes the lot even when it was comin

5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Of course. But for 99% of the population, even rural, it's just a minor inconvenience. Even in those outer reaches where only shepherds and farmers live, they tend to be the folks with the machinery to clear roads and travel in adverse conditions.

Outer reaches have nurses can't get to work because they don't have four wheel drive.roads closed for days on end it's hard in some places

1 hour ago, walshie said:

I just read in Wales online that a Londis in Newport was charging £3 for a loaf over the weekend. They had lots left apparently. :laugh: The store manager (name witheld but I bet it isn't Elfed Davies) said he wasn't ripping anyone off. 

People will remember that and avoid using him, the fool.

• Like 2

i enough meat for over a month.

2 deer

1/2 elk

bits of moose

200 duck/geese breasts

bits of lamb , a few beef steaks,couple of hams and bags of frozen veggies.

shop is 1/4 mile away and is always stocked.

not much for tinned stuff hanging around,fckn missus did one on me without stocking the cupboards.

push comes to shove i have 18kg of kibble dog food for snacks

loads of raspberry jam by chance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, kinkell said:

Outer reaches have nurses can't get to work because they don't have four wheel drive.roads closed for days on end it's hard in some places

I get that mate, but thats always been the case in those parts. For the majority of us it's only the odd road that is closed and alternative routes available. Comes with the territory of living in the arse end of nowhere, no?

I mean I say it isn't a big deal, of course to some it is, 'they' reckon 2000 have died because of it! I just cant see it was owt special for the majority of the country. I mean, it landed Thursday and today is totally gone for most of us!

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

It's not been as bad as you read mate, the weather has,nt got any harder but the people a lot softer, surprisingly hard to walk in snow in skinny jeans tucked into socks,daps and a Tshirt, I was fine in a decent pair of boots coat and my thermals and when there is no bread in the shop as every fuckwit has bought a years worth I just bought a bag of flower and made a loaf, we have become a soft ass nanny state were everyone cries to the government for answers to everything instead of just sorting themselves out, you probably have more snowfall overnight than we have had all winter difference being you just get on with it and we moan so much it seems like a national crisis 

I suppose that me and the Mrs  are a bit of an oddity in regards to how much stock we hold. This isn't because we are isolated or we are Ralph survivalist.  Mrs goes to the cash and carry and buys in about £4 ...500 worth of meat and other stuff from washing powder to blocks of cheese and bog rolls ect, ect. Along with the generators and vituaĺy every tool that you could think of we are well able to cope with almost anything. But when I was a kid it was very different. I had to walk a mile and a half each way every day in short trousers. Rain , hail and snow. When it was cold at home the Windows had frozen fern patterns on them inside in winter. The way people Carry on now is a joke. a woman walked from her home about two minutes from the local primary school and moaned at the head teacher because e the school was en and the kids toes were cold.  We had a couple of inches of snow and it didn't even cover the road for very long. Then there is a circus about panick buying. The kids say that when the zombie invasion  comes that they are all coming down here for the guns, the ammunition and the food. God in heaven knows  how some people would cope if we had a social meltdown.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, rob284 said:

People will remember that and avoid using him, the fool.

There was a bloke sat in the local pub selling bread for £5 a loaf and people were buying it, but who,s wrong him for being a crutch or them for being sat in a pub paying a fiver for a loaf, ?

4 hours ago, Meece said:

God in heaven knows  how some people would cope if we had a social meltdown.

That's the bit the gets me too is people on the verge of killing each other over a quids worth of bread. It's insane and like you said there's less than an inch on the ground. I have a bag in case I get stuck while I'm out in the truck and that's a 72-hour kit.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

That's the bit the gets me too is people on the verge of killing each other over a quids worth of bread. It's insane and like you said there's less than an inch on the ground. I have a bag in case I get stuck while I'm out in the truck and that's a 72-hour kit.

dare i ask whats in the 72hr bag

4 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

dare i ask whats in the 72hr bag

Steel water bottles. Water. Berkey filter. Jetboil. MRE's. Tea bags. Coffee. Aeropress. Insulated overalls. Wool Cap. Shemagh. Duct tape. Wash-kit. First aid kit. Sharp knife. Shotgun slugs (I hit a deer a couple of years back and they come in handy)

My work bag is pretty much the same except for extra Glock mags! :laugh:

All fits into two 25litre dry bags stashed behind the seat.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Steel water bottles. Water. Berkey filter. Jetboil. MRE's. Tea bags. Coffee. Aeropress. Insulated overalls. Wool Cap. Shemagh. Duct tape. Wash-kit. First aid kit. Sharp knife. Shotgun slugs (I hit a deer a couple of years back and they come in handy)

My work bag is pretty much the same except for extra Glock mags! :laugh:

All fits into two 25litre dry bags stashed behind the seat.

hmmm

couple of things stand out

sharp knife

duct tape

i would be concerned if i seen roll of poly and folding shovel lol

• Like 1