How old is to old?

Hey lads n lasses, I've got a bull terriers grey hound and his preformence isn't lacking but he is coming up to 10 years old, I was wondering if there is a recomended age were I should retire him? 

Thanks in advance 

867DFB30-CBA5-48DA-AC12-EB140861250B.png

my older dog Bryn  11 in sep , he still keen,  goes out  2 hours every day with my big dog Buck , and Bryn still great at marking stuff fur/feather :thumbs:   But he as deff lost his pace,  he struggle in the lamp catching rabbits now , he started to loose his speed  prob 15 months ago. but he in quite good health  eats well , he could go another 2-3 years  the old prat lol , i think generally lurchers  are a healthy kind of dog being hybrids = x breeds  , them and heinz 57s  can live easy 14 years .:thumbs:

DSC_1060.thumb.JPG.ff1f33918d332ac40b927315b52ac392.JPG

My bitch is 10,noticed about a year ago she was slowing down couldn't keep weight on her outside, so brought her in the house-seems to of made her soft lol, she's still handy for a spot of ferreting and marking fox for the terriers, she don't like the cold and rain these days, first time yesterday I had to lift her over fences that she would of cleared in her prime...... Shame they got to get old...... Such is life...... They will let you  know when they have had enough. ?

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

DSC_1060.thumb.JPG.ff1f33918d332ac40b927315b52ac392.JPG

My bitch is 10,noticed about a year ago she was slowing down couldn't keep weight on her outside, so brought her in the house-seems to of made her soft lol, she's still handy for a spot of ferreting and marking fox for the terriers, she don't like the cold and rain these days, first time yesterday I had to lift her over fences that she would of cleared in her prime...... Shame they got to get old...... Such is life...... They will let you  know when they have had enough. ?

At least no one will pinch everyone s coats she got her eye out

Every dogs different, iv always said when a dog doesn't get out of its box to go out he's had his day, my last case was old knocks started to come back with revengance and he developed kidney failure, but he basically worked until his death, 

• 2 weeks later...