First time shooting in a month

At last i got out today with the hw100 after its been in the shop, they said it was doing a steady 11.5ftlb so i didnt bother checking it, i had the new scope on aswell so went to a farm and got it zero'd at 30 mtrs and set off for a wonder, it was a bit windy so didnt take any long shots, got 4 ferrals at about zero range (2 left on roof for the kite) , it didnt feel right to me so just got in and crono'd it and its doing between 10.8 and 11ftlb, not going any higher than 11,  il google it and see if i can adjust power, is it easy.

20180303_120245.jpg

• Like 4

Top marks for getting out mate :thumbs:

Are you any happier with that Viper now you've had it out?

I know that sometimes the factory grease in an HW100 can be effected in the cold, causing a slight drop in power.

• Like 1

your a mad man going out in this bn:yes: nice going though!

are you using the same pellets that the shop did the chrono test with?! cos the power will vary on weight and lead type!

there is a way to sort it but it might just be low cos of the temp if they have just serviced it and re greased the hammer!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, big napper said:

At last i got out today with the hw100 after its been in the shop, they said it was doing a steady 11.5ftlb so i didnt bother checking it, i had the new scope on aswell so went to a farm and got it zero'd at 30 mtrs and set off for a wonder, it was a bit windy so didnt take any long shots, got 4 ferrals at about zero range (2 left on roof for the kite) , it didnt feel right to me so just got in and crono'd it and its doing between 10.8 and 11ftlb, not going any higher than 11,  il google it and see if i can adjust power, is it easy.

20180303_120245.jpg

Depends if it’s pre anti tamper, if it is, it’s a ball ache but can be done. You have to butcher the internals. As said de-grease the hammer first and run it dry.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, rick12345 said:

Depends if it’s pre anti tamper, if it is, it’s a ball ache but can be done. You have to butcher the internals. As said de-grease the hammer first and run it dry.

:laugh: I did mine with out BUTCHERING THE INTERNALS  

• Like 1

Cheers for that lads, im using bizley mags si,  they wont have used these to crono, iv been to my mates and he done it for me its doing 11.8 prety much from 200bar full down to 100 bar, so im well pleased with that and cant wait to get back out in the morning, if it was -30 id still be going as long as not too windy iv been going stirr crazy at home.

Thanks lads for the info .

• Like 2