mole trapping in the snow

time to try and find all them snow covered traps lol , I was caught out last year and again this year , we have had a lot of snow over this last week which has made my work hell , how is the rest of yous getting on ?

IMAG0003.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bobza said:

time to try and find all them snow covered traps lol , I was caught out last year and again this year , we have had a lot of snow over this last week which has made my work hell , how is the rest of yous getting on ?

IMAG0003.jpg

Not gettin on,...its terrible !  lol

• Like 1

Best to lift them, I was caught out I have traps on one farm, I managed to lift, two other farms, the thing is they are well marked, I am not scared of loosing any, they will have to be repositioned anyway, when the snow clears as the frost heave will close most wet runs, so the moles will only fill the traps when they clear them out anyway,

Ive still got 200 sat under the snow in a farm i just started prior to the snow coming. Cant see me pulling them out this week. Been a pish poor trapping season so far, nowhere near last years numbers.  Heres a couple of photos of last couple of weeks though.

20180210_133128.jpg

20180222_162239.jpg

• Like 7
17 hours ago, Torquemada said:

Not sure on the wisdom of a gibbet these days.... ?

I don't particularly like the gibbet either, its very victorian, but it keeps the farmer happy and it gets me a lot more work. 

• Like 1

Haven't used a gibbet line for years , it used to be the way to prove you where doing your job. If they don't believe me , and they should by looking over the ground, it's the last time i work for them.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, trappa said:

I don't particularly like the gibbet either, its very victorian, but it keeps the farmer happy and it gets me a lot more work. 

Looks good displayed like that, especially a good long line of them ? (& you've got the ground , for that, I'd bet !:thumbs: lol)