I don't normally shoot pheasents but if I get asked for some then I will get them for you a couple of the old girls ask me now and then .everybody to their own but they do seem very easy to shoot to me .cant see why people pay so much to shoot them 

20161206_150703.jpg

• Like 1

They got too much money les to pay to shoot pheasants mate:thumbs:

• Like 1

Shame they cost so much to shoot then there worthless

• Like 1

In my syndicate I worked out that each bird costs around £3 a season to look after and we only put 750 down and don’t have to pay a keeper, I also know of a big shoot down the road from me in North Yorkshire that was court out putting them in a big hole because the game dealer wouldn’t take them, so all the shoot does is pass the cost onto the guns

• Like 1

On 04/03/2018 at 16:27, Stavross said:

In my syndicate I worked out that each bird costs around £3 a season to look after and we only put 750 down and don’t have to pay a keeper, I also know of a big shoot down the road from me in North Yorkshire that was court out putting them in a big hole because the game dealer wouldn’t take them, so all the shoot does is pass the cost onto the guns

Food for anti’s ...one of the three wise monkeys might come in handy ..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was the anti’s that brought this to the attention of the public with some grainy little video on Facebook, the more people persecute this sport the worse it will become for the people involved and the environment but these apprentice chris packham’s don’t seem to get this, if you are able to sell the end product then everyone is onto a winner, that’s the best thing about private syndicates, there is no waste

11 hours ago, Stavross said:

It was the anti’s that brought this to the attention of the public with some grainy little video on Facebook, the more people persecute this sport the worse it will become for the people involved and the environment but these apprentice chris packham’s don’t seem to get this, if you are able to sell the end product then everyone is onto a winner, that’s the best thing about private syndicates, there is no waste

The whole game shooting industry needs to address the national disposal of shot game issue as it'll be a big nail in the coffin of driven game shooting if they don't,i don't shoot but i help with all aspects on a shoot from rearing to taking it to the game dealer and it's gutting to see a lot isn't wanted by anyone after all the effort.Fox Hunting got banned due to it being a poor excuse for a gallop, driven game shooting is in danger of it being a poor excuse for a shot  :yes:....

• Like 3

On 10/03/2018 at 21:45, fireman said:

The whole game shooting industry needs to address the national disposal of shot game issue as it'll be a big nail in the coffin of driven game shooting if they don't,i don't shoot but i help with all aspects on a shoot from rearing to taking it to the game dealer and it's gutting to see a lot isn't wanted by anyone after all the effort.Fox Hunting got banned due to it being a poor excuse for a gallop, driven game shooting is in danger of it being a poor excuse for a shot  :yes:....

Agreed, I posted a thread in General the other day after I came across a bin liner of shot game in a cinema car park after fishing. Birds were all braced and pure fodder for the antis. Absolutely shambolic! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

Agreed, I posted a thread in General the other day after I came across a bin liner of shot game in a cinema car park after fishing. Birds were all braced and pure fodder for the antis. Absolutely shambolic! 

It'll be the start of the end they don't sort the issue of unwanted shot game and your right mate,Absolutely shambolic..:bad:..

What about all these starving people using food banks, surely they would take them.

• Like 1

Ian botham tried this and was shot down by the food standards agency, they say it must be handled by a registered processor and sadly they don’t work for free, this is madness giving some that has had to use a food bank shot game is no different to me giving my friends and family rabbits, pigeon, pheasant, duck, without a doubt this is better than the processed crap they are been given at the food banks

• Like 3

i remember that

You cant win as beefy found out even feeding the homeless the minute you mention game its a bad thing