Dublin looters

5 minutes ago, Rabid said:

You have me reminiscing about many a good time spent over there, it's certainly high in my list of places I would move to. Right by the sea, I would be in my element with a bit of land to farm and the sea for my fishing.

In all seriousness, I have considered buying a place out there, one that needs a lot of work (cheap) kind of a retirement plan if you like.

You can get them here with anything from 8 to 18 acres from 100k to 150k plus. It all depends where you want to live. And the state of the property. 

Just cause they ask for a 100k doesn't mean they wouldn't take less than that.

Atb j

• Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tell ye what lads. Only for England there would be many a poor family here where I live. The amount of houses bulit on English coin is massive. Plus there a lot of English kids here that moved

......I have been in Blighty all week, watching people having to risk their lives to get to work because next month the bailiffs will be knocking on the door if they can’t afford the council tax payme

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Its not as bad as that for the average bloke mate,truthfully not,maybe if your scraping by on minimum wage,but I know loads of guys running decent cars,having a fairly easy life,decent'ish houses,foreign holiday a year,just means both partners have to work,but its far from doom and gloom in blighty :)

I have to agree with you there. 

If it was that bad half the population of this place wouldn't be over there lol

Atb j

Just now, jetro said:

I have to agree with you there. 

If it was that bad half the population of this place wouldn't be over there lol

Atb j

Amen to that mate,i have just been out having a coffee with my sis,normal woman,her blokes off to Australia this evening to work for two months,she works hard,she actually said to me earlier they have a great life,she is meeting me in Thailand next month,she just booked a holiday in maritius,average people who put in the overtime,i have known her juggle three different jobs in the past.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, jetro said:

You can get them here with anything from 8 to 18 acres from 100k to 150k plus. It all depends where you want to live. And the state of the property. 

Just cause they ask for a 100k doesn't mean they wouldn't take less than that.

Atb j

Just seen a place near Charlestown for 39k euros sat on 15 acres, admittedly 5 acres of that is bog.

I don't like neighbours but I do like isolation.

1 minute ago, Rabid said:

Just seen a place near Charlestown for 39k euros sat on 15 acres, admittedly 5 acres of that is bog.

That's some renovation job though.....

• Like 1
Just now, mackem said:

Amen to that mate,i have just been out having a coffee with my sis,normal woman,her blokes off to Australia this evening to work for two months,she works hard,she actually said to me earlier they have a great life,she is meeting me in Thailand next month,she just booked a holiday in maritius,average people who put in the overtime,i have known her juggle three different jobs in the past.

I have two mates who spent the last couple of years working in the UK. The now have their houses built from start to finish. 

Also family members over there as well. As much as they love ireland and coming home for holidays they will never move back. Unless it's to retire. 

Atb j 

1 minute ago, mackem said:

That's some renovation job though.....

Yep, right up my street.

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

We all get shat on mate, just I’d rather it was a coo that shat on me than some dick head in a suit or summat? I work for good folks an earn good money so that makes it a lot easier to do with a smile on me face tbh, but believe me there’s been times in me life iv had very little motivation or will to work, once I figured out to work to live an not live to work an being happy was just as important as being rich, then work seemed a lot simpler an easier to swallow?

Oh I don't disagree with any of that sentiment.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

Two or three mile pal my Mrs is from there,I lived up there for two year's theres a lot of good people live there that would go of their way to help you out,but unfortunately there's plenty of dirt live there to.

We're not that bad Pete haha lol lol ... I'm after hijacking a trolley at square filled it with few messages and cruising up the bypass home looking at every other  cnut struggling ... I might burn the trolley out for the crack [BANNED TEXT]  finished ha ha  ???????

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, jetro said:

I have two mates who spent the last couple of years working in the UK. The now have their houses built from start to finish. 

Also family members over there as well. As much as they love ireland and coming home for holidays they will never move back. Unless it's to retire. 

Atb j 

I always say the UK cant be that bad X,000,000 illegals and immigrants cant all be wrong :laugh:

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Rabid said:

I don't like neighbours but I do like isolation.

That's very good. You could do something with the bog. Cut turf or turn it into a flighting pond. 

The only down side it's not close to the sea. But Westport not to far away.

How much does the house need. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jetro said:

That's very good. You could do something with the bog. Cut turf or turn it into a flighting pond. 

The only down side it's not close to the sea. But Westport not to far away.

How much does the house need. 

Atb j 

Yeah, that's a deposit over here !

flight pond would be good, I think it's been part cut for the peat already

Im almost 3 hrs from the sea here, so still closer, and your roads are not gridlocked like ours, with two tolls to pay every time I go fishing. I would have thought plenty of good ports within 3hrs from there.

In honesty it's a full refurb job judging by the pics, might have 4 good walls and that's about it. No services, but all out on the road.  I've done worse.

6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

We all get shat on mate, just I’d rather it was a coo that shat on me than some dick head in a suit or summat? I work for good folks an earn good money so that makes it a lot easier to do with a smile on me face tbh, but believe me there’s been times in me life iv had very little motivation or will to work, once I figured out to work to live an not live to work an being happy was just as important as being rich, then work seemed a lot simpler an easier to swallow?

Excalty w.k.

Money not every thing life.

Life's for living and enjoying.

Atb j

• Like 1

That's a lot of traveling for fishing.

I'm not a 5 min walk from the sea.

The turf is a very handy thing to have.

By the time it's all cut out flood it and there's your pond. A win win.

As long as the main walls and foundations are good that's a good bit. 

Did you check further west.

Atb j 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Rabid said:

You have me reminiscing about many a good time spent over there, it's certainly high in my list of places I would move to. Right by the sea, I would be in my element with a bit of land to farm and the sea for my fishing.

In all seriousness, I have considered buying a place out there, one that needs a lot of work (cheap) kind of a retirement plan if you

Screenshot_20180303-165933.jpg