Free tidy up

Before we get started ***** no I'm not a local counsellor,  I come from down south. RIGHT I know where you are coming from and I applaud your willingnes to get stuck in and clear the area up but there are public liabilities for the council to consider and other repercussions that they have to consider. This is probably why if you have had a meeting with them and they have said no you have got a problem. If you go to do the job yourselves you are opening up a can of worms in regard to health and safety issues and public liability claims. I know that you are all well intentioned but your going at it like a bull at a gate.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking a bit better lads

Ok lads i was brought up in this built up area with a dene and burn running between 2 estates .it was my play ground where i spent every spare minute nesting  and being a typical lad making dams etc 

People can now walk side by side along this path we cleared back 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Meece said:

Before we get started ***** no I'm not a local counsellor,  I come from down south. RIGHT I know where you are coming from and I applaud your willingnes to get stuck in and clear the area up but there are public liabilities for the council to consider and other repercussions that they have to consider. This is probably why if you have had a meeting with them and they have said no you have got a problem. If you go to do the job yourselves you are opening up a can of worms in regard to health and safety issues and public liability claims. I know that you are all well intentioned but your going at it like a bull at a gate.

and this is the reason fuckall gets done without spending stupid ammounts of money on studies and assessments first

• Like 2

We are all grown up men and women   that will use common sense  none of us wants to get hurt or hurt anyone else and surely pruning branches and picking up litter  doesnt require a lot of brain power (semi retired gardener) 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ftm said:

We are all grown up men and women   that will use common sense  none of us wants to get hurt or hurt anyone else and surely pruning branches and picking up litter  doesnt require a lot of brain power (semi retired gardener) 

True but you're part of a generation that has both common sense and the ability to use it. With the procedural generation taught to obey everything via local authority directive, I propose that we rename common sense to just sense as it is no longer common.

• Like 1
On 02/03/2018 at 15:09, ftm said:

Ok lads i was brought up in this built up area with a dene and burn running between 2 estates .it was my play ground where i spent every spare minute nesting  and being a typical lad making dams etc   at the moment its fell into disrepair with plastic bottles (bongs) fridges bags of clothing etc dumped on a regular basis  .me and a couple of lads have offered to tidy the place up  free of charge in our own time  but have been told any rubbish we accumalate will be classed as fly tipping!   We are going to go ahead regardless and hopefully they see common sense   .if they dont then local papers will be informed

Are you in the north east mate ?

Like I  said,  I know where you are coming from and I would have been of the same mind but for a simple silly incident that happened at work that made me see things in a different light.  》》》A lorry driver arŕived to collect a load of machinery  stillages.  He was told that someone would open the back yard gate for him. The lorry driver didn't wait and undid the gate himself. In doing this he managed to skin the tip of his thumb. A minor, minor injury that just needed a smalĺ plaster. A couple of months later the MD. Contacted me and asked if we had, had an incident? I said " incident", "What sort of incident"?

It turned out the the lorry driver had made a claim for injury and in the end it cost the insurance company £16,000 in compensation and costs. For a Mickey mouse plaster cut. The compensation of the NHS is something like £65 billion a year. This is why the council don't want to allow you to get involved in this work because they become liable and responsible for your actions and anything that happens to you or anyone else subsequently. And so do you. Post up some pictures when you get the job finished and it lòoks lovely.

Edited by Meece
Spelling errors
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
51 minutes ago, Meece said:

Like I  said,  I know where you are coming from and I would have been of the same mind but for a simple silly incident that happened at work that made me see things in a different light.  》》》A lorry driver arŕived to collect a load of machinery  stillages.  He was told that someone would open the back yard gate for him. The lorry driver didn't wait and undid the gate himself. In doing this he managed to skin the tip of his thumb. A minor, minor injury that just needed a smalĺ plaster. A couple of months later the MD. Contacted me and asked if we had, had an incident? I said " incident", "What sort of incident"?

It turned out the the lorry driver had made a claim for injury and in the end it cost the insurance company £16,000 in compensation and costs. For a Mickey mouse plaster cut. The compensation of the NHS is something like £65 billion a year. This is why the council don't want to allow you to get involved in this work because they become liable and responsible for your actions and anything that happens to you or anyone else subsequently. And so do you. Post up some pictures when you get the job finished and it lòoks lovely.

Really!!! That's why our insurances are so bloody high now,

someonr should find the driver an kick him in the nuts?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ArchieHood said:

Got a good mate in Bolden, we had a few heavy sessions in The Lord Nelson.His Da still lives around the corner.............:thumbs:

Ten mins walk away (lord nelson)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...