Wild birds and the cold.

Feeding mostly Sunflower hearts and niger (if thats how you spell it) and No mess. Had about 8 to 10 inches of snow and now freezing rain so chucked raisins for the black birds and bread crumbs, no mess feed on top of the snow for ground feeders. Every thing is coming in even Rooks and jackdaws.

Cheers Arry

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've been filing up the bird feeder with mixed corn twice a day during this cold spell. Normaĺy every other day.  the poor devils are under strain so I am giving something back for the enjoyment that

Flouted orders not to use the two jars of coconut oil or the bag of pecans in the cupboard. Needs must, it’s f****n life or death out there. Just setting them in the porch before serving for lunch. Ea

The feeders have been mobbed this year , blue , great , coal and long tailed tits , gold finches , redpolls chaff and green finch (although not seen as many as other years ), spotted woodpeckers , nut

Posted Images

Flouted orders not to use the two jars of coconut oil or the bag of pecans in the cupboard. Needs must, it’s f****n life or death out there. Just setting them in the porch before serving for lunch. Eat your heart out Green Lurchers ?

67437F0F-65BD-4C71-B090-F56546EA49D8.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

The poor fuckers are starving, a robin came and took food of my hand twice yesterday evening.

This lad comes and says hello every morning, always fly's up to the window in whatever room we're in. Any idea why he does that?

Screenshot_20180302-105451.png

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Rebel said:

The poor fuckers are starving, a robin came and took food of my hand twice yesterday evening.

This lad comes and says hello every morning, always fly's up to the window in whatever room we're in. Any idea why he does that?

Screenshot_20180302-105451.png

It' an omen...i see tits in your future

1291265_1.jpg

Edited by dave88
  • Haha 2
20 minutes ago, steve66 said:

strangely enough , the blackbird seems to the aggressor 

Blackbirds are being aggressive in my yard they have knocked the robin of his pearch they all seem to be having a go at the robin but totally ignoring the wag tails ..i counted 7 blackbirds this morning they seem a bit frisky despite the snow. 

• Like 2

had a fieldfare on decking for two days feeding up..get to aldis.there oats 75p a bag, bought eight bags,,[cheap feed]. ground feeders love em .. mix em with fat/lard. shot four rats and five maggies out the window..

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, byron said:

had a fieldfare on decking for two days feeding up..get to aldis.there oats 75p a bag, bought eight bags,,[cheap feed]. ground feeders love em .. mix em with fat/lard. shot four rats and five maggies out the window..

got a permanent Fenn set for the rats, its amazing how many are about with no sign in the garden, got a few with the airgun

• Like 1