Game Salukis

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the hare while quick off the mark, has fantastic stamina and can not be classed as a sprinter, and a coursing lurcher must poses this to stand any chance of being a consistent hare catcher, the saluki

No excuse for baiting

The rag heads have hunted the deserts to emptyness and 99.9% of those runs are with dropped game,load of old shite all of it if you ask me and i'd rather watch paint dry..

Posted Images

4 hours ago, sandymere said:

How many are really doing that these days? And how many are bred on a ancestral name rather than their own achievement? Those that have been there and done that are superb but?

As to what could bring something to the table? These will bring speed endurance, robustness and heat resistance and only the best proven dogs get to breed.

That's a well known dog and has done very well. Produced some good blood. Yet still, the amount of waste in the galgo population is incredible. More bad than good from what I have seen and been told, however..... a good galgo is a force to reckon with ? still snipey nosed, whining cnuts though ??

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Without offending anyone its back legs are skinny compared to a grey just an observation 

They're built different mate. No doubting their power and speed but they ain't greyhounds as we know them. Some of the larger specimens are a beauty to behold ;)

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Dogs bred to run long distances like the galgo and saluki seem to not have bulging muscles like sprinting dogs e.g. greyhound or whippets but more of a long leaner muscle like a marothon runner vs a sprinter

Some of the saluki lurchers have got back legs like tops of beef and can run til the cows come home and then some  :laugh:

1 hour ago, trenchfoot said:

Adding saluki into a lurcher for running hare is no more cheating than adding bull for running foxes.

I was saying it's just what i think,if i was a pure chaser of the hare i'd have a native bred dog for doing so with,not knocking those that do with what ever dog they want to it just ain't for me....

Just to add for my own lurcher has saluki,bull and belgium mally blood in her:laugh: so it isn't i have issues with foreign blooded dogs,i'd just use a native bred dog if i was a coursing man...

29 minutes ago, fireman said:

I was saying it's just what i think,if i was a pure chaser of the hare i'd have a native bred dog for doing so with,not knocking those that do with what ever dog they want to it just ain't for me....

Just to add for my own lurcher has saluki,bull and belgium mally blood in her:laugh: so it isn't i have issues with foreign blooded dogs,i'd just use a native bred dog if i was a coursing man...

I appreciate what your saying mate and  variety is the spice of the lurcher world , during the 90's when coursing clubs were common there was still lads running collie crosses, greyhounds allsorts of things, but but by the end they all saw the light, you need to have some chance of success to enjoy any sport, and not all saluki lurchers are champions, far from it and brown hares don't role over easy.  with regard to galgos what is there ancestry, and is the Spanish hare same as ours.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mushroom said:

That's a well known dog and has done very well. Produced some good blood. Yet still, the amount of waste in the galgo population is incredible. More bad than good from what I have seen and been told, however..... a good galgo is a force to reckon with ? still snipey nosed, whining cnuts though ??

High wastage with high standards and a bit of British blood should take the whine out:)

22 minutes ago, two crows said:

I appreciate what your saying mate and  variety is the spice of the lurcher world , during the 90's when coursing clubs were common there was still lads running collie crosses, greyhounds allsorts of things, but but by the end they all saw the light, you need to have some chance of success to enjoy any sport, and not all saluki lurchers are champions, far from it and brown hares don't role over easy.  with regard to galgos what is there ancestry, and is the Spanish hare same as ours.

Yes it's the same hare and their ancestry is chasing hares since pre biblical times. ?