Game Salukis

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the hare while quick off the mark, has fantastic stamina and can not be classed as a sprinter, and a coursing lurcher must poses this to stand any chance of being a consistent hare catcher, the saluki

No excuse for baiting

The rag heads have hunted the deserts to emptyness and 99.9% of those runs are with dropped game,load of old shite all of it if you ask me and i'd rather watch paint dry..

Posted Images

On 07/03/2018 at 17:35, desertbred said:

Most Arabs Train Salukis to pin the quarry not kill it so then it can be halaled for the table. Those are two pups hence they are trying to pin it not kill it but you experts know all about salukis my arse, 

Halal killed animals is probably a worse ending.

• Like 1

Piss poor display. Not the dogs fault, they look young and I guess that'  not their usual quarry, but the idiot on the end of the slip. He had less bottle than the dogs, why not break them off and let it run or stuck it if you want to. Just looked like a recipe for bitten pups and a shit way to die for the honey badger to me.

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, Sirblessed said:

See, they're all f****n barmy, only an arab would try to get his camel to play baseball with his own head!  No offence to desertbred, just lightening the mood, peace out brother :)

16 hours ago, Busher100 said:

I like the saluki there is no doubting the coursi g bred dogs wouldn't be what they are without the saluki blood it's just that 90% of the ones in the Arab vids are barking curs

Breeding foreign distance running dogs to catch a native sprinting animal don't make the saluki anything in my book ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok then so what other breed would add more then the saluki to the coursing bred dogs of today who are regularly catching 3-5 a session on big land  I can't think of any other type of lurcher that will do that and be able to do it consistently I know lurchers of all xs will catch hares but not in the same numbers the saluki xs can and I think most would agree.

12 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Ok then so what other breed would add more then the saluki to the coursing bred dogs of today who are regularly catching 3-5 a session on big land  I can't think of any other type of lurcher that will do that and be able to do it consistently I know lurchers of all xs will catch hares but not in the same numbers the saluki xs can and I think most would agree.

We don't use them in Australia, well very rarely, tried and tested, the staghound is a sounder dog, much prefered for our ground.

• Like 1

the hare while quick off the mark, has fantastic stamina and can not be classed as a sprinter, and a coursing lurcher must poses this to stand any chance of being a consistent hare catcher, the saluki is the only dog that can add the x factor, we in this country have taken a dog that was developed thousands of years ago and added it to our dogs to create (in my eyes at least) a superior animal bred for a specific purpose, I don't know when the first saluki crosses appeared, or indeed if it was done with any knowledge of what would happen, this dog was the father of my first saluki cross almost fifty years ago.

034.JPG

• Like 14