A classic challenge. FWB Sport 127 .22

Well I went out in this weather, this morning lads, wanting a true challenge and got two.

First intentions was Kaiser`s training as I`ve been training him solidly for 18 months or so to mark regularly used rabbit runs for me as it shows me exactly what`s going on with the warrens.

So with the snow, prints and rabbit/ fox movements he was getting treats as he was marking/ pointing, exactly right every time.

Here`s a well used run he has pointed on and well petted and treated for. :good:

IMG_0954.JPG.5f67af0c971bbfb71297484f5da1fadc.JPG

So I went to inspect the other side of this bramble embankment and here`s what I found from his point.

IMG_0955.JPG.0ffdef4d632da1bdc15642e9f8d7f44c.JPG

The start of a new warren :)

Anyway we moved on, still searching for anything new, when I noticed one or two Wood pigeons knocking about an old unused railway track, long since forgotten.

IMG_0956.JPG.6b472140cd6a45c213efb68c582df037.JPG

They were coming over the brow of the hill were I`ve taken the photo and landing in those medium sized trees.

Well I don`t need inviting twice and made our way over there.

I was wearing my leaf suit jacket, as always and had my leaf suit gloves and face mask in the game bag.

We settled down about 30 yards off those trees, Kaiser always settles in close to me ( warmth), gets a treat for it and we wait. I simply sat on the gun bag and took a steady aim from the tree trunk by me.

Check Kaiser`s natural camo` out with his white flashes against the snow and dark earth.

I took the FWB Sport 127 mk1 .22 to give me a right 1978 challenge in this weather.

IMG_0957.JPG.58711a9433b57ba10574233e141d3573.JPG

atb  Mark.

• Like 7

Just cold and mild snow around here, so no reason to hide indoors.

Any way if I lived in Devon and Dorset areas, I`d still be out, 

Soft gits  :laugh: :feck:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, si brown said:

good going that mark.... bet you wouldn't of been so keen if you lived up here :)

Zv2TWkLqRSW6X9FkTURjQg.thumb.jpg.60e02237addca097557ad1152c853dca.jpg

snow and 40mph winds!!!:censored:

I always wondered what the view was like from the rear terrace of Casa de Brown.

.......... Very nice mate :yes: :laugh: :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, si brown said:

good going that mark.... bet you wouldn't of been so keen if you lived up here :)

Zv2TWkLqRSW6X9FkTURjQg.thumb.jpg.60e02237addca097557ad1152c853dca.jpg

snow and 40mph winds!!!:censored:

or here

right Si

and the snow was going away hear at MHoptons place

bet its bad there now

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P281112_17.27.jpg

• Like 1