Sub zero ferrets

Mine live in a court in the garage and are happy as anything haven’t had to worry. Have noticed for the first time since they moved to the garage they have actually made a proper nest rather than just laying on top of the straw so must be cold! Never really worried about ferrets and cold more worried about the heat in the summer than the cold in the winter. 

• Like 1

Got mine in a wooden garden shed, plenty of warm bedding in nest boxes,no icy blasts, or frozen water bottles, raw and dried food, snug as a bug in a rug, and all well fed and contented, hope cold snap eases off so.on, hard on animals and bird life

Had a few water bottles freeze when the freeze first hit, but a quick staple with some clear plastic sheet over the mesh doors and the shed window's and bingo, sorted, and had to move my hob back from the mesh shed door to a cage at the back of the shed to get him out of the wind, other than that, no biggy.

I have a two tier hutch a separate run in the front garden with pipes hammock old carrying box etc etc. Well what with the snow gale force wind freezing rain they haven't been in the run for a few days, so put them in this morning even though there was a snow drift at one end. They went nuts in the snow digging into it leaping around chittering, then let them out for a run on the snow on the lawn they were dancing like looneys and shot off in all directions, they loved it. +5 and pissing down thawing like mad now.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
On 03/03/2018 at 10:33, Bobtheferret said:

Mine live in a court in the garage and are happy as anything haven’t had to worry. Have noticed for the first time since they moved to the garage they have actually made a proper nest rather than just laying on top of the straw so must be cold! Never really worried about ferrets and cold more worried about the heat in the summer than the cold in the winter. 

Yeah true mate the heat will do em a lot more harm than the cold ever will a good dry draft proof cage or court with plenty of bedding they will be fine