PCP’s gone , going back to springers

Well after very little use of my airguns last year, I made my mind up to sell the Airwolf & the Rapid, I had a trip out with jimmy & si to the local range the last time si was up north, within 10 minutes I was bored stiff shooting the pcp at the targets, so I put the guns away, I went to the rfd in Newcastle on Saturday afternoon & bought a nice new prosport in .22 walnut & came home & listed the pcp’s for sale, they both sold after a few timewasters & that’s the end of them, I instantly feel better about shooting again, using skill and a nice springer, now I just need to find the right scope to make my new outfit just perfect for me ! 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, vizlauk said:

Well after very little use of my airguns last year, I made my mind up to sell the Airwolf & the Rapid, I had a trip out with jimmy & si to the local range the last time si was up north, within 10 minutes I was bored stiff shooting the pcp at the targets, so I put the guns away, I went to the rfd in Newcastle on Saturday afternoon & bought a nice new prosport in .22 walnut & came home & listed the pcp’s for sale, they both sold after a few timewasters & that’s the end of them, I instantly feel better about shooting again, using skill and a nice springer, now I just need to find the right scope to make my new outfit just perfect for me ! 

I have those moments Viz. I'm still having one to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I love the r10. I've never had a pcp that fits so well but it's lifeless. I had the same feelings about the 100 and the s410.

If I was a pest controller and it was my living then it would be a tool but it's a hobby and you can't beat the feeling of clicking with a Springer. ??

• Like 4

I have put a very similar scenario post up Sean under the heading Air rifle hunting, PCP Vs Spring Rifles,- wonder if you get the same sort of answer I`m receiving ?

Mate, I feel the same to be honest, I feel like I`m cheating at shooting at times with pcp.

As you know I have just ploughed my money into a Pro Sport also, because I want the challenge of shooting a real quality air rifle, a sub 12 air rifle at that.

I do get asked to do pest control and a pcp is the tool for that job, - period !

To get out into the fields, woods with a spring rifle, my GSP and a soft pocketful of pellets is "utter carefree freedom" - ( for me).

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, just-A-snap said:

Each one has its place.  If not as you say in your mind set then they was just expensive door stops.  Enjoy you new Pro Sport for many a good day vizlauk.

All the very best

Cheers mate, it’s getting some tlc before it gets used, it’s on its 2nd coat of oil at least another 4 to go !

• Like 1
On 2/28/2018 at 21:56, mark williams said:

I have put a very similar scenario post up Sean under the heading Air rifle hunting, PCP Vs Spring Rifles,- wonder if you get the same sort of answer I`m receiving ?

Mate, I feel the same to be honest, I feel like I`m cheating at shooting at times with pcp.

As you know I have just ploughed my money into a Pro Sport also, because I want the challenge of shooting a real quality air rifle, a sub 12 air rifle at that.

I do get asked to do pest control and a pcp is the tool for that job, - period !

To get out into the fields, woods with a spring rifle, my GSP and a soft pocketful of pellets is "utter carefree freedom" - ( for me).

What pellets are you using Mark ?

31 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Will you be shooting your Sport - untouched Sean ?

Have you chronograph`d it yet ?

I will bed it in with at least 500 shots before I do anything unless it starts to twang, then it will be opened up, if need be ! Spring ends will get polished, probably change the piston seal, a bit tweaking & honing, relubed & tried again, I did chrono it upon purchase with jsb15,89 it was just over 10.2 & consistant for the 5 shots I tested it over

• Like 1

I`m expecting around 10.5 to 10.8 ft/lbs Sean with the Exact Express.

Even as soon as now, she is just a nudge in my shoulder as standard, a .177 pellet stays on the scope turret when fired, with ease, - better than the TX out of the box for sure.

I`m certainly not going to be chasing 1/2 a ft/lb extra mate - not with the accuracy being shown already :no:, no way.

The Woody I shot the other day with the Sport was instant despatch with perfect accuracy, so I agree mate, if nothing changes I am more than happy. :good:

IMG_0948.JPG.cfd52d1db3fb96e6b93c9bca89d22f88.JPG

What will the results be a 1,000 pellets time ? :)

atb  Mark.

7 hours ago, mark williams said:

I`m expecting around 10.5 to 10.8 ft/lbs Sean with the Exact Express.

Even as soon as now, she is just a nudge in my shoulder as standard, a .177 pellet stays on the scope turret when fired, with ease, - better than the TX out of the box for sure.

I`m certainly not going to be chasing 1/2 a ft/lb extra mate - not with the accuracy being shown already :no:, no way.

The Woody I shot the other day with the Sport was instant despatch with perfect accuracy, so I agree mate, if nothing changes I am more than happy. :good:

IMG_0948.JPG.cfd52d1db3fb96e6b93c9bca89d22f88.JPG

What will the results be a 1,000 pellets time ? :)

atb  Mark.

8P:fool:

I know nothing me when it comes to the PS

so dont ask me

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Slow down Jimmy. :D

Yes I do feel the Pro Sport, out of the box and on first firing was a touch better in accuracy, than the TX was. ( or was that me ? )

Saying that, the T Rex was on it`s way to Rat Works for the " Full Monty" in no time and came back with a 3 ft/sec spread and hitting 11.52 ft/lbs.

The T Rex has proven time and time again just what an incredible spring rifle they are and as Sean says, " only time will tell" for the Pro Sport.

Here`s the T Rex straight after the Rat Works stage 4 tune.

Check that group against the drawing pin head ,top right, as against the 5p but credit where it`s due, the Pro Sport achieved this without a tune :yes:.

5a9a57b0108dc_IMG_0255(1).JPG.5bea9d374f10db5258ddb2a14e30f80b.JPG

So I`m going to let the Pro Sport bed right in and then see if I feel if anything could be improved ?

As it stands right now, - I think she will stay untouched, - we`ll see.

atb  Mark.