lit it snow

What a great afternoon... 

kids were off so I picked them up off the Mrs at midday and had some dinner in the caf watching the snow get heavier, had an hour or 2 at the office, but with blizzard worsening headed home.. it's all farm tracks to mine.. good fun drive... then a couple of hours in our back field on sledges with a few other kids..

all off tomorrow so the Mrs has put a face book invite out to the village to all come down the farm and sledge in the back fields, looks like we've half the village over tomorrow.. we'll do some hot drinks and a bit of grub, nice to pull the little community together when we're all stuck out here lol

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a great afternoon...  kids were off so I picked them up off the Mrs at midday and had some dinner in the caf watching the snow get heavier, had an hour or 2 at the office, but with blizzard

2lads from Falkirk went to the shop and bought boxes of Mars bars made flasks of tea and battled through the blizzard to hand them out to drivers stranded on the motorway.  Then there was the c**

Woke up this morning here with a good ten inches, then looked out the window and seen a couple of inches of snow, .

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Sticking down here now, not looking good mate :cray:

Cheers, D.

Wise choice mate, A30 past ours is treacherous to say the least, telegraph hill and Haldon hill were both closed earlier, I've got a 4x4 and it was a fun drive on the back roads!! Lol

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Wise choice mate, A30 past ours is treacherous to say the least, telegraph hill and Haldon hill were both closed earlier, I've got a 4x4 and it was a fun drive on the back roads!! Lol

Looks like dorsets on lock down as well,we are supposed to get it tonight up here.

IMG_1071.JPG

• Like 1
1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Looks like dorsets on lock down as well,we are supposed to get it tonight up here.

It's a proper blizzard here mate..

pics of the back field, and then looking back at the house from top of the wood... it's a white out!!

stay safe lads..

IMG_2654.PNG

IMG_2655.PNG

IMG_2656.PNG

• Like 2
1 minute ago, scothunter said:

Been watching the news and makes me happy to see the community spirit and folk helping others. Broken Britain my arse. When the chips are down we go that extra mile

It now looks like I've been volunteered to ferry half of Exeter up here by Mrs!!

im not even on face book, all her mates want to come up here with their kids, with a view to getting snowed in and having a "stuck up the farm Party"... lol

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

It now looks like I've been volunteered to ferry half of Exeter up here by Mrs!!

im not even on face book, all her mates want to come up here with their kids, with a view to getting snowed in and having a "stuck up the farm Party"... lol

You will be Mr popular tomorrow lol

• Haha 1

Right I'm tiring of her now...

shes just come downstairs and told me a bloke in the village is stuck at the hospital where he works, his Mrs has put a post up asking if anyone with a 4x4 could get him home... oh yes says my lovely wife... my husband will be more than happy to come and get you... great says his wife, he finishes at 8-30... great says I.... 10 mile round trip for me lol...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
38 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

It's really fine stuff falling at the minute an it's starting to drift on the ground.

Been windy in Norfolk all day and it's the drifting that keeps shutting the smaller roads,i had to walk out to help a mate out as he was stuck and i couldn't get to him in my ranger.Just as i got to him after walking 3 miles across country with a spade he got pulled out by a tractor,i called him a dick for driving out in these conditions then turned round and walked back home :laugh:...

• Haha 4
Just now, fireman said:

Been windy in Norfolk all day and it's the drifting that keeps shutting the smaller roads,i had to walk out to help a mate out as he was stuck and i couldn't get to him in my ranger.Just as i got to him after walking 3 miles across country with a spade he got pulled out by a tractor,i called him a dick for driving out in these conditions then turned round and walked back home :laugh:...

Scott's right you know, us Brits are really community spirited when the chips are down.... it might even bring Wilf back home when he sees all of these acts of kindness lol

• Like 1