Crime In England And Wales

The figures have come in for the 2017 (ending September 2017) year and they're reporting a general uptrend in all crimes. The Independent is reporting a 14% in reported crime across the board, and at the same time, the number of police officers on Britain's streets has hit a 22 year low.

• Surges in knife and gun crime have seen an increase of to 5.3 million related crimes across England and Wales.
  • Violence against the person, including murder, assault, harassment and stalking showed a total of 1.3 million crimes (Up 20% on the previous year)
  • Police recorded 37,443 offences involving a knife or sharp instrument (Up 21% on the previous)
  • Police recorded a 20% increase in gun-related offences.

In London up to January this year (collating from a twelve month period) The Independent reports that

• Rapes are up 20% (6,392 to 7,613)
  • Homicides increase over 30% (to 137)
  • All knife crime increased 25% (14,500+) and among those 2000 under 25's were injured.
  • Personal robbery increased 40%
  • Theft from the person increased by over 30%

In this period the number of police officers has dropped to 121,929, nationwide, and is projected to drop further with London's Met due to drop to around 30,000 in April. Experts are attempting to explain away part of the data by commenting on the improvements and ways that crime is being reported but even they are unable to fudge the numbers that far. Partisan sources are, of course, pointing the finger at each other and arguing over large public sector salaries, while Joe Soap has his wallet stolen at gun knife-point.

These represent annual trends and do not show that crime is generally down when comparing decades of data with big spikes in the mid-1990's but it does show a rebound as police numbers hit record lows.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Correction of reported figures.

Edited by ChrisJones
Correction

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f***ing eastern European and middle east filth is my thoughts.  Love to see the names of the accused

I bet if you had a graph of immigration and a graph of crime they would match perfectly

As long as you're not one of them getting murdered look at the benefits. 1 less drivers hence less traffic 2 less of a drain on the NHS due to less people 3 more housing available

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, walshie said:

And the laughable sentences if you get caught aren't helping the figures. Look at that frog carrying a butterfly knife for "protection" got completely let off. 

Try withholding your council tax, see how quick they are all over you then.

• Like 2

As long as you're not one of them getting murdered look at the benefits.

1 less drivers hence less traffic

2 less of a drain on the NHS due to less people

3 more housing available

So come on lads let's look on the bright side. Can anybody else see any possible silver linings?

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

As long as you're not one of them getting murdered look at the benefits.

1 less drivers hence less traffic

2 less of a drain on the NHS due to less people

3 more housing available

So come on lads let's look on the bright side. Can anybody else see any possible silver linings?

You're not looking at property development in Leicester as well by any chance, are you?

• Haha 2

I used to have a bit of two and frow with Gnasher over roughly this subject, he is a London lad like me and like me he holds a bizarre affection for the gaff and Britain in general...........warts and all.

I get it, I understand perfectly.

But.........you can’t live in denial, people are getting absolutely bent over while all around the place go’s down the khazi 

Dress it up however you want, it’s a f***ing fact.

I used to say to myself “well, it’s my town, country etc......I’ll stay and try and make it better because everywhere is the same “

but everywhere ain’t the same, and it isn’t until you see just how much better it can be that you fully realise how bad it is........I’ll say it as plain as I can, you are up to your necks in shit and the government are throwing you rocks instead of a life raft.

Kid yourselves on all you want.

• Like 4

And i have never hid the fact we get f****d  over as does  every  citizen  in all nations by the politicians and elite.  Not once  have i dressed  it up.

But you live in a f***ing  bubble if you think its solely a british problem. 

I live  in the  highlands very low crime rate only pakis i see are tourists.  BUT i can travel a 100 miles in any direction and the crime depravation mindless acts of violence drug problems  etc are in abundance. 

Same if you lived  in Ireland and went to Dublin or any other big city.  The irish  government f****d over there citizens.  Plenty pakis and poles and imigrants over there aswell. 

Same as when the yanks bang on about all the tribes here when reality  there more over  there. 

But hey  mate  you keep thinking that the uk is a shithole and f****d. After all its the irish  way lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1