Hunting days USA

13 minutes ago, snizle06 said:

Do you use the GPS tracker when free casting the terrier 

No sir, I have never needed a tracking collar, I work rigorously on recall with each dog as a pup to adulthood. I simply drop them on Creek banks, river bottoms, brush pile, junk piles, drifts, etc and they find and work their own quarry. I just simply expose them to the woods and follow them down the creeks, they do the rest with exception of me digging to them .

• Like 2

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My friend and I took this lady out hunting on one of my permissions back in February. We dug her JRT on a five foot dig to a coon. He did really well for only his second time out working. Bolted the c

My dog Lucas and I after a five foot dig. He worked two big boar coons in this sett for a little over an hour. It was a good dig through many tree roots, some thicker than my arm. I think that this wa

My buddy who got me into the dogs

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Wonder how the raccoon compares to fox 

I can only tell you on our side of the pond a coon is much more of a formidable opponent than fox. Because our fox in America is puny (tiny) and there is coon reported over 50+ pounds here. I've only dug a few fox because I will dig to whatever my dogs find enter and stay too but I'm not really in pursuit of fox.  but, at any rate, that has been my experience..

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

Some of those beaver are massive mate,whats the heaviest you have had guesstimate?

I'd say 40 pounds for me that I actually harvested. I've got on bigger with the dogs but they just drag the terrier in water over their head and they lose them most every time then.. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Rat face said:

Nice one for that lads nice to see a bit of different type of sport. What location systems are popular over there or is it just the same as here bellman, pieps

Much the same I'd guess as most order from over there.. Barryvox Pulse, Deben, Bellman and Flint.. etc