Hunting days USA

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My friend and I took this lady out hunting on one of my permissions back in February. We dug her JRT on a five foot dig to a coon. He did really well for only his second time out working. Bolted the c

My dog Lucas and I after a five foot dig. He worked two big boar coons in this sett for a little over an hour. It was a good dig through many tree roots, some thicker than my arm. I think that this wa

My buddy who got me into the dogs

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Great stuff, dries up a wound good as well! I would wash out with saline than betadine sprayed into all the nooks and crannies. 

I won’t knock what anyone uses (since I’ve not used anything and because...) as long as it’s working for them. 

15 minutes ago, Varminator said:

Yankee you ever get a chance see your pups parents they pretty good dogs

I saw the sire Work and that dogs sire on both sides (if I’m not mistaken, it’s close to that however) Work which is why I got the dog. The grandsire was phenomenal IMO. Handled exceptionally well, located and worked the first two coon at the same time before we added a dog (due to 2 more so a total of 4) being in the barn. We dispatched the two and got them on another two (sire and grandsire). The grandsire has been on multiple fox, used to bolt (I think I’m usimg that term correctly) coyotes from drain pipes, and hunt pheasants. 

I talked to the guy I got him from a few times about terriers, he invited me out to hunt to see if it was really something I was interested in. Showed me his yard, explained how he hunts and that it’s what works for him but there are many ways to do it. He told me he had this litter if I was interested and I figured what the hell. If nothing else he’s been a great guy. Gotta call him tonight in fact as we stay in touch pretty well. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

IMG_20180217_121646003.thumb.jpg.1b0b5369ddc4db3f934e89ca28efacec.jpgMy friend and I took this lady out hunting on one of my permissions back in February. We dug her JRT on a five foot dig to a coon. He did really well for only his second time out working. Bolted the coon from an exit hole in one sett behind us that we had already dug about two feet on. The coon hit another sett near by and her terrier followed. Mixing it up while we dug. She wanted to get her picture with him in the hole after we pulled him. As you can see, she was beyond happy. 

• Like 18

My dog Lucas and I after a five foot dig. He worked two big boar coons in this sett for a little over an hour. It was a good dig through many tree roots, some thicker than my arm. I think that this was three or four years back. He turned nine back in December and still gets hunted regularly. He's helped me start many young terriers over the years, mine and others as well.

FB_IMG_1456194857326.jpg

• Like 16
On 7/4/2018 at 06:59, badgerman said:

IMG_20180217_121646003.thumb.jpg.1b0b5369ddc4db3f934e89ca28efacec.jpgMy friend and I took this lady out hunting on one of my permissions back in February. We dug her JRT on a five foot dig to a coon. He did really well for only his second time out working. Bolted the coon from an exit hole in one sett behind us that we had already dug about two feet on. The coon hit another sett near by and her terrier followed. Mixing it up while we dug. She wanted to get her picture with him in the hole after we pulled him. As you can see, she was beyond happy. 

Good do that and f**k me that beard took some growing 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2