Hunting days USA

Wouldn't it be a pleasant change to have some decent threads from our American friends about actual days out working their dogs on quarry over there,rather than the name calling,pedigree chasing and all the usual bullshit we are used to on THL.You never know maybe lads over this side of the pond will gain respect for your dogs and the quarry they work.Just a thought

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My friend and I took this lady out hunting on one of my permissions back in February. We dug her JRT on a five foot dig to a coon. He did really well for only his second time out working. Bolted the c

My dog Lucas and I after a five foot dig. He worked two big boar coons in this sett for a little over an hour. It was a good dig through many tree roots, some thicker than my arm. I think that this wa

My buddy who got me into the dogs

Posted Images

I’ll gladly post up a thread on a day if I get out again this year. Hopefully get some progress of my pup up and get him out ratting this spring/summer/fall.  I hear conflicting theories on if you should/need to start a pup out on rats but I figure either way it’s time hunting with the dog so it’s gotta be useful. 

Pup will be 1 in November so next winter we will see if he turns out.

• Like 2

Raccoon season closes March 15th so matching up my days off with the guys I go with makes it difficult sometimes and my one guy has thrown out his back and been laid up for 2 weeks. He made mention of possibly seeing about going groundhogging this summer but I have weird days off (Wednesday/Thursday) and don’t get time off during the summer so it’s hard for me to do things with people who have a normal schedule.

Way I see it anytime you can get a pup out to do some work or just simple obedience is better than not doing anything. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Yankeeterrier said:

Raccoon season closes March 15th so matching up my days off with the guys I go with makes it difficult sometimes and my one guy has thrown out his back and been laid up for 2 weeks. He made mention of possibly seeing about going groundhogging this summer but I have weird days off (Wednesday/Thursday) and don’t get time off during the summer so it’s hard for me to do things with people who have a normal schedule.

Way I see it anytime you can get a pup out to do some work or just simple obedience is better than not doing anything. 

You only get out what you put in, dog don't learn fcuck all at home. 

26 minutes ago, Jerry71 said:

You only get out what you put in, dog don't learn fcuck all at home. 

I put the time in with dogs. It’s why I have them. Beagles I get out from mid August thro mid April 3-7 days a week. The terrier will probably be less because of the nature of the hunting but he will get plenty of time training.