S200 power increase ?

Okay..........I'm up at the club today and someone produces a chrony, so I decide to test my s200 - something I've never bothered to do before. I use AA Diabolo, and they shoot accurately and consistently, BUT I was surprised to find out that it's only pushing out at an average of 10.1 ft/lb !!

So........

1. Can the power be increased without doing anything 'a bit suspect' ?

2. How is it done ?

3. Is it someone of average competence could do themselves ?

4. What would be the merits of gaining an extra ft/lb - and a bit, if any ?

If it makes any difference, I think I'm right in saying it's a MK3 (one piece stock) and .22..........and I'm not prepared to interfere with anti-tamper devices, obviously !

Cheers chaps !

• Like 1

I’ve got one of these at the moment and tbo it’s my favourite little gun 177 or 22 they are brilliant there’s a couple of things that you can do without removal of the anti tamper new hammer spring , polish the sears and on the action there  is a little grube screwe sitting just in front but at the middle ( between barrel and cylinder ports ) of the cocking lever is the power increase ‘ this one You can adjust as the T200 used to come with a twisty screw as it is a target (T) and won’t take it over the limit 

atvb mark

I was going to take my T200 from 6fpe to sub 12 by adjusting the screw / nut on the side of the action but in all honesty it would only move a very small amount. The rfd advised that it needed some parts which is over my head so I just decided that I will sell it instead. Must get round to doing that.

Mine is the split stock version and the screw can be seen in the first photo. Superb little gun.

DSCF3421_zpsmyxtt1hg.jpg

DSCF3419_zpsvedzns1t.jpg

I do not know if an adjustment screw is on the later versions with a one piece stock.

Phil

16 minutes ago, philpot said:

I was going to take my T200 from 6fpe to sub 12 by adjusting the screw / nut on the side of the action but in all honesty it would only move a very small amount. The rfd advised that it needed some parts which is over my head so I just decided that I will sell it instead. Must get round to doing that.

Mine is the split stock version and the screw can be seen in the first photo. Superb little gun.

DSCF3421_zpsmyxtt1hg.jpg

DSCF3419_zpsvedzns1t.jpg

I do not know if an adjustment screw is on the later versions with a one piece stock.

Phil

Without getting the gun out............I believe there is. I'll have a look later.

4 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Gary a lighter pellet will push the power up or is it a heavier pellet

ether way try some other pellets and crono it using the pellets that you try

But as say,d if it aint broke dont fix it lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

In the interests of research, I ran a few Bisley Mags through it yesterday and the poundage dropped to 9.4 which is only a bit more than my Ratcatcher ! When I brought the target in, it looked like a shotgun pattern - disappointing performance really.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, philpot said:

DSCF3421_zpsmyxtt1hg.jpg

DSCF3419_zpsvedzns1t.jpg

Phil

They are mate the grub screw with the nut . Take the nut all the way off unscrew the grub screw all the way out there is a little one which sits in behind it unscrew that one 2-3 full turns ??

6 hours ago, mhopton said:

They are mate the grub screw with the nut . Take the nut all the way off unscrew the grub screw all the way out there is a little one which sits in behind it unscrew that one 2-3 full turns ??

What sort of power increase would that give...........roughly ?

1 hour ago, Blackbriar said:

What sort of power increase would that give...........roughly ?

just make sure the chrono is with you when you tweak it, but if yours is the AA version there will be the remains of a shear plug covering it

• Like 1