Rescue dogs

2 hours ago, THE GENERAL said:

Speaking of getting pups that were bred and handed back, my mate had a border/patt x staff/patt bitch about 9yrs ago, she came up from Cork, handy wee bitch. He asked me could he put my Lakeland over her.

So she'd  5 pups. I took a dog and a bitch, both never made the grade. He gave his grandad one his sister one and his mate one. His mates one got out of the yard never to be seen again. His granddad still has his. His sisters one she called Marley, because I remember the film "Marley and me" was out at the time.

She handed him back to us at 8 months old because he'd the furniture ruined legs eaten of chairs and tables and sofas, she reckoned he was half beaver and stone mad at that!

So I gave it to my mate and the dog flew to ground had 14 digs over it first season. Sadly got knocked down on the road outside my mates farm during the summer while they where out exercising in the field beside the lough. Always wondered how he'd of turned out.

IMG_5178.PNG

Strangest looking terrier General, but a fine cut of a dog?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No rumour DC, the bitch in the lads hands was from a dog rescue center, without her there wouldn't be any of the others in the other pictures. If I could get another that worked like her I'd have

I had a border Russell from the dogs home many years ago when digging was still legal,sadly died of cancer aged 9 but the most sensible level headed dog I,ve ever owned, she would stay down for hours,

Speaking of getting pups that were bred and handed back, my mate had a border/patt x staff/patt bitch about 9yrs ago, she came up from Cork, handy wee bitch. He asked me could he put my Lakeland over

Posted Images

I rehomed this black dog that was found in woods with no one coming forward for him. Some university lecturers found him and then put him up for a free home after he went for their Irish Terrier 

It's this dog that got me properly interested in digging after he was subsequently rehomed and did well there. 21 digs before he was sadly killed in a kennel accident 

Cracking dog

IMG_8161.JPG

• Like 4