Parker vs Joshua

I don't get all this talk of Fury vs Joshua. Fury is a disgraced ex-champion who refused to defend his title for various bullshit reasons then had his belts taken off him for drugs cheating.. No doubt a Fury vs Joshua fight would generate a lot of money, but Joshua doesn't need the money any more and he should be fighting legitimate contenders who have earned the right to fight him. 

Making a few youtube vids doesn't make him a contender. Work for it like everyone else has to. 

Edited to add: I'm not a Joshua fan, but at least he fights rather than just talks. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m always in two minds about Joshua ?  Do you ever feel the lack of true talent at that weight is pulling the wool over our eyes a little concerning him?  Or that this “isn’t a j great ? Is

Why is he a fraud? He is fighting everyone who is put in ront of him and he is winning convincingly. I think Fury could out box AJ but for that reason I don' think AJ will have a game plan to try and

The position Joshua is now means he will be facing the top heavyweights, if they are not good enough to test him and beat him thats not his fault it's just the boxing era he happens to be in, and at t

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, MickC said:

Fury like him or not went to Wlads back yard and beat him with ease using a gameplan that was not pretty to watch but very effective,a few folks on here are mistaking fighting for boxing,its called the noble art for a reason. Joshua has never once even fought outside of Britain . A unified world champion thats never left the home comforts of his own country !

Bearing in mind aj had a ref that not alowing a shorter fighter to come inside everytime fury had a point deduction ring cheating and lots of other tricks in his way in Germany 

2 minutes ago, walshie said:

I don't get all this talk of Fury vs Joshua. Fury is a disgraced ex-champion who refused to defend his title for various bullshit reasons then had his belts taken off him for drugs cheating.. No doubt a Fury vs Joshua fight would generate a lot of money, but Joshua doesn't need the money any more and he should be fighting legitimate contenders who have earned the right to fight him. 

Making a few youtube vids doesn't make him a contender. Work for it like everyone else has to. 

Edited to add: I'm not a Joshua fan, but at least he fights rather than just talks. 

He's also mandatory for when ever he wants chsmpion in recess status 

Will aj go to America to fight wilder no way can understand why wilder won't come here he will have to ko aj to get a draw curroption everywhere with such a big cash cow like aj drug tested yeah right Belive everything you here

1 minute ago, walshie said:

I won;t hold my breath. 

Don't worry you don't need to it's fact 

fury is in shape ready to go everyone knows its promotional issue holding him back but I think you'll here news before the end if this month 

Well who do you think is next for aj  wilder /povekin /whyte and mick could the reason be he can fill big stadiums over here so doesn't need to travel or is it he and his team likes the home advantage so to speak  genuine question as I not that clued up as some 

8 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

fury is in shape ready to go everyone knows its promotional issue holding him back but I think you'll here news before the end if this month 

Didn't he say that he them same words a few months back custy in one of his YouTube films he was making a announcement in a couple of week or so 

Edited by blackmaggie
5 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he only champ in recess for one of the belts? I thought he gave up one of them before they stripped him of it for just that reason.

In all honesty I don't think he has the heart for it any more.

8 hours ago, MickC said:

Fury like him or not went to Wlads back yard and beat him with ease using a gameplan that was not pretty to watch but very effective,a few folks on here are mistaking fighting for boxing,its called the noble art for a reason. Joshua has never once even fought outside of Britain . A unified world champion thats never left the home comforts of his own country !

Mick if AJ can fight at home why travel? Now he's champion with various belts contenders should come to him, if memory serves me right, I might be wrong here, but I believe both Floyd Mayweather jnr nor Andre Ward ever fought outside of the USA, does that make them any less of a champion? Personally if I was in charge of AJ I would be telling the boxing world, you want these belts you come here and take them, granted he never travelled to get his, but is that his fault? No, thats good work from his back room staff. Joshua will travel one day all the way to Vegas and get a pay day like some can only dream of, but whats the rush he's a 28 yr old with only 21 fights, he's got what everbody wants, time and the belts.

31 minutes ago, walshie said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he only champ in recess for one of the belts? I thought he gave up one of them before they stripped him of it for just that reason.

In all honesty I don't think he has the heart for it any more.

Stripped of ibf mate and ring belt most recent the others he vacated I think he has got more passion than ever tbh I've seen him up front back in December where he looked great now he's A1 shape he's certainly got the hunger or he wouldn't of bothered getting back into shape 

Edit to say fury loves bieng The underdog challenger so seeing aj as the man to beat is his motivation 

Edited by CushtyJook

Let's not take anything away from fury or aj the fight needs to happen and either aj needs to fight wilder or fury does ideally fury making the aj fight more lucrative I think aj v povetkin is a waste of time povetkin great but he's to small like Parker wilder or fury only real threat to aj at the moment 

8 hours ago, CushtyJook said:

Let's not take anything away from fury or aj the fight needs to happen and either aj needs to fight wilder or fury does ideally fury making the aj fight more lucrative I think aj v povetkin is a waste of time povetkin great but he's to small like Parker wilder or fury only real threat to aj at the moment 

If Fury is serious about making a come back Cushty, should he not be fighting the likes of Parker or Whyte 2-3 fights and if he gets through them then be given the chance to have a fight with Joshua? 

Surely Fury wont be thinking he will just need 1 or 2 warm up fights with no hopers then get a crack at Joshua he will need to earn a title shot just like every other boxer