pickaxe terriers

If they are anything like that lovely little idiot I had they may decide to test themselves ?

Was out on a walk once, January and the little b*****d took off despite me shouting in him.....he then proceeded to swim a small stream and up a big banking then off into some woods.

I had f**k all with me as I was just out for a walk so I eventually found a hole about 150m away and sure enough could hear the little b*****d going at it.....I had to wade the stream and there’s snow on the ground and I’m piss wet through.

So I headed home (about 3 mile) for a spade.

Got back and was having to guess the digging by ear, turns out it was a big S shape spot and every time I busted through the dog had pushed the Fox round another bend and I had to start again, 3 hours and 3 holes later the dog finally had a big dog fox pushed back into an end.

Lifted the little b*****d and let the fox run, that dog got called all the c#nts under the sun that day.....pitch black when we headed home and the little f****r was bouncing around like nothing had happened ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, WILF said:

If they are anything like that lovely little idiot I had they may decide to test themselves ?

Was out on a walk once, January and the little b*****d took off despite me shouting in him.....he then proceeded to swim a small stream and up a big banking then off into some woods.

I had f**k all with me as I was just out for a walk so I eventually found a hole about 150m away and sure enough could hear the little b*****d going at it.....I had to wade the stream and there’s snow on the ground and I’m piss wet through.

So I headed home (about 3 mile) for a spade.

Got back and was having to guess the digging by ear, turns out it was a big S shape spot and every time I busted through the dog had pushed the Fox round another bend and I had to start again, 3 hours and 3 holes later the dog finally had a big dog fox pushed back into an end.

Lifted the little b*****d and let the fox run, that dog got called all the c#nts under the sun that day.....pitch black when we headed home and the little f****r was bouncing around like nothing had happened ! Lol 

he sounds the same pain his father was as a young dog before I kept on couple or was down a hole  , was he digging on to take 3 hours to get to his fox ?

ps I still work them but the graft isn't about like it was 30year ago  

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

few different bits and Bob's added ....  there is only one line Breay/Buck , the rest are just families bred down from them 

Well said, only someone with a big ego looking for fame calls his terriers by his own name, lads are just carrying on a line. I doubt buck or breay went around calling their dogs by their surname.

Edited by Apache...
  • Like 8
2 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

he sounds the same pain his father was as a young dog before I kept on couple or was down a hole  , was he digging on to take 3 hours to get to his fox ?

ps I still work them but the graft isn't about like it was 30year ago  

Digging on and scrapping his way round every bend, the fox made him pay the whole way.....the dog just seemed to love the punishment, just had a screw loose.

• Like 4
19 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Wish I had graft for a young tyke like that, but be wasted doing what we do. You know how to breed a terrier mate, no denying that ?

Iv'e got the graft for a young tyke like that,finding one is harder than the digging bit though..:sorry:

23 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

Cheers I'm happy with him ... I'll be honest with you he'll never be fully tested in the same way as other terriers mentioned were but they've only ever had to put a smile on my face :)

He,ll get tested allrite 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Not sure if I’ve asked this before or not Glyn but what percentage waste would you say you get ,stuff that dosnt like the coal face as it were .

I'm in a state of flux at the moment  lot of stuff under 3 years old , I bred a litter of 6 pups 21 months ago and 5 have started and  1 still not interested at the moment,  so I wont know my % now for a few years

Was talking in general Glyn .Over the years you must have an idea of some sort of percentage .75 % doing the job proper seems to be a good gauge .Anything less and  the line is fading IMHO .More and your top notch in my book if it’s getting the graft that is .