pickaxe terriers

In another note, Chaz was a horrible grumpy old b*****d ! Lol

Aside from that, another great dog that I believe Glyn bred himself (but I could be wrong) was a little undershot bitch called Tilly......fantastic little bitch.

I was told she had over 400 digs under her belt and I can well believe it, she rattled round and bottled stuff up like a train.

I only went out with her a few times but had a result every time and the lad who was keeping her thought a lot of her.

Really, really nice little dog.

• Like 2

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, C.green said:

Not very often you come across them reliable sorts wilf. Ive owned one id class as good and i doubt id ever replace it so never tried.

True mate, I just struck lucky and me and the dog liked each other if that makes sense.....I’ll never own another dog as good or that I like as much.

Edited to add:

In these times of £3000 kennel club absolute articles of dogs, that little dog off Downsouth cost me £100 and I’m sure that barely covered what it cost the bloke to rear them........if a KC Spaniel is worth £3000 then that little mixed bred terrier was worth £50,000.  

Edited by WILF
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, WILF said:

In another note, Chaz was a horrible grumpy old b*****d ! Lol

Aside from that, another great dog that I believe Glyn bred himself (but I could be wrong) was a little undershot bitch called Tilly......fantastic little bitch.

I was told she had over 400 digs under her belt and I can well believe it, she rattled round and bottled stuff up like a train.

I only went out with her a few times but had a result every time and the lad who was keeping her thought a lot of her.

Really, really nice little dog.

I never bred Tilly, my cousin did she was out of a bitch I bred and her sire was also out of a bitch I bred , 

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, timmy k said:

Which then starts the age old question of when a line becomes your own? Was anything else added to the mix?

few different bits and Bob's added ....  there is only one line Breay/Buck , the rest are just families bred down from them 

• Like 6
35 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Wish I had graft for a young tyke like that, but be wasted doing what we do. You know how to breed a terrier mate, no denying that ?

Cheers I'm happy with him ... I'll be honest with you he'll never be fully tested in the same way as other terriers mentioned were but they've only ever had to put a smile on my face :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1