Another school shooting in America

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, you are to blame........the society that folk of your political persuasion have fostered and encouraged, the barriers you broke down are directly responsible for those kids deaths imho

amazing hes still alive.....mind you he is white.....

Apologies Stiff I have re read again ,my replies were completely wrong . Hope you can accept I was miles off the mark

Posted Images

On 15/02/2018 at 21:08, WILF said:

Actually, you are to blame........the society that folk of your political persuasion have fostered and encouraged, the barriers you broke down are directly responsible for those kids deaths imho;)

The United States has always had guns and yet school kids were not wasting each other en masse in the 50s.......same as kids were not stabbing each other in London to the tune of eighty deaths a year in that era.

In a world where every taboo is now a human right, where rappers who celebrate death, rape and robbery are made millionaires and looked upto as some kind of social commentator to be revered and respected, where drugs are no longer disgusting they are “an affliction” with the users to be shown pity, where buggery of minors is legalised and celebrated........what the f**k do any of us expect our young folk to behave like?

Where are their boundaries ?.........where are their examples?

Where all you have to aspire to, nay demand a right to, is to be Puff Daddy and have the latest phone.......when the university degree is completely meaningless because “everyone deserves to go to uni”........

What the f**k?........ban guns?........look out the f***ing window more like ! 

Well said sir lol lol...

• Like 1
On 2/15/2018 at 20:19, Born Hunter said:

All the best states over on the right. Wyoming probably my favourite, Alaska, Idaho, Montana. I can show you similar data that would conclude the opposite. So much for your 'conclusion.

Within the context of the states with the highest gun ownership have the highest death rates from guns, seems a pretty straight forward supposition to me without the evidence but I’m ever open to new information so if you have relevant data from a sensible source that shows gun ownership rates and gun deaths have no correlation it would be good to see it. 

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

Within the context of the states with the highest gun ownership have the highest death rates from guns, seems a pretty straight forward supposition to me without the evidence but I’m ever open to new information so if you have relevant data from a sensible source that shows gun ownership rates and gun deaths have no correlation it would be good to see it. 

Only considering gun homocides is an intentional skew of the data! You said more guns is equal to more killing. You can’t draw that conclusion from your graph. Consider all homocides. Watch the video I posted.

Edited by Born Hunter
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 18:51, delswal said:

Apart from target shooting Ted what other reason would there be to have an handgun? Over here anyway. I have shot for more years than I can remember and I have never thought it was a good idea for pistols to be kept anywhere else except the range. Why would we in the uk need a pistol at home? unlike the states we can cannot defend ourseleves or property with hand guns, so no need for them to be kept at home or to be carried around.

ATB........Del

earning a few quid doing the knee cappings in west belfast

• Like 1
On 2/15/2018 at 07:27, WILF said:

To put a bit of perspective on this, there were just under 40,000 reported knife incidents and 6700 gun incidents in the UK in 2017........80 people were stabbed to death in London alone in 2017

surely all knives should be banned by all of the anti gun logic? 

Man shoots up a school. Kills 17 people. Ban guns.

Man drives a van into a crowd of shoppers... Kills 12 injures 56. What was wrong? What made him do that?! What's his message? Was he misunderstood?!

No call to ban cars? No call to make cars unavailable to people that haven't been strictly vetted?!

It's a tragedy that people died but why are we focussing on the tools used instead of the intent behind it? Until we fix the intent behind this depravity we're looking in the wrong place. Banning things doesn't stop bad people from doing bad things.

On 2/15/2018 at 13:19, Born Hunter said:

All the best states over on the right. Wyoming probably my favourite, Alaska, Idaho, Montana. I can show you similar data that would conclude the opposite. So much for your 'conclusion.

On 2/15/2018 at 14:30, paul sr said:

i lived in the states for years. in the late eighties and early nineties there was an average of 2500 homicides a year in the 5 boroughs of nyc. americia is a violent society

72 murders in my state in 2016. 480 since I moved here in 2008. There hasn't been a recorded gun death/injury in the town I live, yet everyone is packing and there is 100% gun ownership in this freedom-loving hamlet. Compare rural and urban statistics globally and you'll draw similar comparisons. Inner cities are violent societies. People concentrated in large numbers increase tension and resulting violence. NY has always had a high homicide rate and has that reduction been banning guns or massive investment in the NYPD and local public services? I'm not having a pop but both sides of this debate need to look at the underlying causes of why people do bad things to each other. Money and power would be the first to look at!

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Man shoots up a school. Kills 17 people. Ban guns.

Man drives a van into a crowd of shoppers... Kills 12 injures 56. What was wrong? What made him do that?! What's his message? Was he misunderstood?!

No call to ban cars? No call to make cars unavailable to people that haven't been strictly vetted?!

It's a tragedy that people died but why are we focussing on the tools used instead of the intent behind it? Until we fix the intent behind this depravity we're looking in the wrong place. Banning things doesn't stop bad people from doing bad things.

Your right Chris and personally I don't have any feelings on this subject either way its simply not my business. The only thing I would question  is your comparison of guns and cars ...guns are for the most designed for killing and cars are not though Cleary they can be used for killing but then I suppose a 12 inch dildo could be also perish the thought :laugh:

On 2/15/2018 at 21:34, WILF said:

And I beleive is now one of the lowest due in no small part to that zero tolerance policy of that mayor who’s name I don’t remember? 

was it Juliano.....spelling.......????

• Like 1

Bit rich of trump coming out with the mental health line. He was the c**t who repealed Obama's legislation that would have made it more difficult for folk with potential mental issues getting one.

When he did scrap it he was hailed a hero and got few million more from the gun lobby.

Oh well suppose we can debate it again when the next one happens. RIP to the kids anyway. 

• Like 2

Just been in a gun store,when I walked in first thing I noticed was the small basic kids .22 rimmies on a display two of them were in pink clearly aimed at girls,different mindset and attitude to firearms this side of the pond.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jiggy said:

It's handy to keep the Catholics ( fenians) in place ?

jiggy the places were safer when the punishments were done by the paramilitaries on both sides, no pedos, house breakers and druggies, now its come full circle its usually them doing the crime these days fs.

16 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

jiggy the places were safer when the punishments were done by the paramilitaries on both sides, no pedos, house breakers and druggies, now its come full circle its usually them doing the crime these days fs.

That depends on which side you were on. The grass is always greener in the neighbours lawn

• Like 2