Another school shooting in America

Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

What did the guard sign up for was he a basic security guard or was he under strict instructions and no illusions he should do all he could?

He was an School Resource Officer that I believe was deputised by the Sheriffs dept. That role includes law enforcement on school grounds, ie dealing with criminality in the classroom as well as potential security threats to the school. His duty was to engage and kill that shooter and because he didn't he was suspended without pay by the Sheriffs dept and is now under investigation.

I think this blame game is utterly pointless. The only thing folks should really be cpncerned with is how to improve things to avoid this happening again. I find it hard to believe they need a seal team deployed to ever school but I can also accept that perhaps one man with a glock in this probably low key SRO role might not quite be high enough.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, you are to blame........the society that folk of your political persuasion have fostered and encouraged, the barriers you broke down are directly responsible for those kids deaths imho

amazing hes still alive.....mind you he is white.....

Apologies Stiff I have re read again ,my replies were completely wrong . Hope you can accept I was miles off the mark

Posted Images

He was suspended from duty but chose to resign to keep his benefits and pension.

The Police officers Oath

I........................DO SWEAR,, THAT - I WILL WELL AND TRULY SERVE - OUR SOVEREIGN COUNTRY AND STATE - AS A POLICE OFFICER WITHOUT FAVOR OR AFFECTION - MALICE OR ILL-WILL - UNTIL I AM LEGALLY DISCHARGED, THAT I WILL SEE AND CAUSE ­ OUR COMMUNITY’S PEACE TO BE KEPT AND
PRESERVED - AND THAT - I WILL PREVENT TO THE BEST OF MY POWER - ALL OFFENSES AGAINST THAT PEACE - AND THAT - WHILE I CONTINUE TO BE A POLICE OFFICER - I WILL - TO THE BEST OF MY SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE - DISCHARGE ALL THE DUTIES THEREOF - FAITHFULLY - ACCORDING TO LAW.
SO HELP ME GOD.

Anytime a person becomes a police officer they take on a great deal of responsibility. They sometimes must go where others fear and or engage in a life and death struggle with a suspect. Enough good cannot be written or said about the police officer. They are the force that protects us day and night 24/7 or prevents greater disasters from occurring.

• Like 1

When gunfire starts lads get scared, I’d not be one to mock them.......I bet there’s lads walking about with VCs that spent more than 5 minutes in a hole shitting it.......

When you have seen gunfire and seen what a gun can do to human flesh then you can call a man a coward.......but you probably won’t ! 

• Thanks 1
Just now, mackem said:

He was suspended from duty but chose to resign to keep his benefits and pension.

The Police officers Oath

I........................DO SWEAR,, THAT - I WILL WELL AND TRULY SERVE - OUR SOVEREIGN COUNTRY AND STATE - AS A POLICE OFFICER WITHOUT FAVOR OR AFFECTION - MALICE OR ILL-WILL - UNTIL I AM LEGALLY DISCHARGED, THAT I WILL SEE AND CAUSE ­ OUR COMMUNITY’S PEACE TO BE KEPT AND
PRESERVED - AND THAT - I WILL PREVENT TO THE BEST OF MY POWER - ALL OFFENSES AGAINST THAT PEACE - AND THAT - WHILE I CONTINUE TO BE A POLICE OFFICER - I WILL - TO THE BEST OF MY SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE - DISCHARGE ALL THE DUTIES THEREOF - FAITHFULLY - ACCORDING TO LAW.
SO HELP ME GOD.

Anytime a person becomes a police officer they take on a great deal of responsibility. They sometimes must go where others fear and or engage in a life and death struggle with a suspect. Enough good cannot be written or said about the police officer. They are the force that protects us day and night 24/7 or prevents greater disasters from occurring.

I think the role and responsibility of LEOs in the US is a bit more serious than over here. I mean their job is the same but the weight it carries does seem to be very different in each respective society. They expect more from their lot than we do imo.

1 minute ago, WILF said:

When gunfire starts lads get scared, I’d not be one to mock them.......I bet there’s lads walking about with VCs that spent more than 5 minutes in a hole shitting it.......

When you have seen gunfire and seen what a gun can do to human flesh then you can call a man a coward.......but you probably won’t ! 

Exactly how I feel even if I do find it hard to disagree with what many expected of this man. I simply won't judge him.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Here’s a better example 

two soldiers waiting to go to Afghanistan order a pizza and as it pulls up to the gates of their camp , the Ira cut them down with an ak 47, following up with point blank execution . 

The Guard hid with his pistol until it was over, 

now do you stand up and go toe for toe with a Provo and ak ?

cause that’s exactkyvwhatvhappened 

The IRA cut down two soldiers in Afghanistan...really ? Get off the f***ing smoke 

• Haha 2

Peace of mind! I would be f***ing livid. 

I have read what has been said in his defence. f**k that. He's a cop with a gun and they were kids in that building being shot.

He should have ran in and done what he could even if he ended up dead! There always f***ing banging on about they lay there life's on the line every day blah blah blah.

Firemen run into burning buildings daily to save folk. Isn't the motto protect and serve!

f**k a teacher without a gun used himself as a shield to save kids and died doing so.

He should take his pension donate it to the families and stick the gun in his mouth.

The cops over there are quick enough to gun down unarmed citizens. 

• Like 3

Now, for something completely different.  It seems as if the scales are beginning to tilt. It could be that suddenly the NRA is having the financial rug pulled out from underneath it. Protesters are targeting and boycotting companies that financially underpin the NRA. Once it be comes unfashionable to be in this club and involved with guns the tide will change and we could see a major shift in gun ownership perception and use.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Florida shooting: NRA-linked firms hit by consumer boycott - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43173753

• Like 1