Should I upgrade to an hw100

On 14/02/2018 at 20:30, mark williams said:

I shoot the KT .177 and KS .22 and totally agree with all the lad`s advice if you like to walk about.

However, on a personal note I prefer the KT, as standard and purposely leave my pod on to make it as heavy as possible because I get some really great results static hunting.

Heavier, the better and steadier, when static hunting off a bipod or shooting sticks etc, etc.

You`ll never double load a HW 100, or outshoot one and I stick to 4 x 14 shot magazine rule, again yet to run out of shots when hunting.( 52) +

Good luck with your choices Will  :good:

I do that with the hw100kt, fill four mags then fill up with air again once 4 mags are empty... 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BSA t10 tuned by air tech will cost you about £180 , for that you will have one hell of a gun , new reg , all internals set up and a fantastic silencer shroud made from carbon fibre which will be dead

Im a big fan of the t10 but then again im a big fan of the hw100 ks as well both top class rifles , but i think the hw100ks is the rifle i would go for out of both of them the carb

Like JJ said £160  for A&M and ratworks are £125 but with ratworks cylinders you can take the off without bleeding the air off https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Weihrauch-HW100-Lightweight-Air-Tube-Assem

Posted Images

On 15/02/2018 at 11:57, villaman said:

BSA t10 tuned by air tech will cost you about £180 , for that you will have one hell of a gun , new reg , all internals set up and a fantastic silencer shroud made from carbon fibre which will be deadly quite , this gun will match any top priced pcp pellet for pellet . Rat works   will be about £230ish .

Or you could buy the best out of the box PCP of all time HW 100k , better mag system, two 14 shot magazines , the best silencer ( I have tried most ) deadly accurate , better built than any other pcp imo.

Like others have said the only other thing worth buying is A&m cylinder , makes it lighter more shots and better balance. For cylinders have a look at the new ones from ratworks they are very good and also from Carl at air tech 

The last two I mentioned you can take them off without draining the air out , unlike the a&m ones

IMO HW100 k all day long 

Have a look at tbe HW110 as well 

Good advice there, and all true facts,  but I would avoid airtech like the plague, nothing wrong with his work mind.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

No, they go back for a free check over and service.

Thanks for that, after shooting my uncles HW100 the other week, I can say I was well impressed. Might have to get myself one. Therefore, I’d be interested in an a& m cylinder. Adrian has done some rimfire work for me before. Seen him at work and he’s also a good bloke.

29 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

Can anyone give a rough figure in the shot Count with an upgraded cylinder please... For the hw100.177

This a shot count test with my Kt a couple of years ago - the cylinder gave me at least 2 more mags of shots.

Ive now got one on my full length HW100 but, I haven't tested the count.

......... it'll be at least 3 more mags.

IMG_20160331_163310.jpg

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Thanks for that, after shooting my uncles HW100 the other week, I can say I was well impressed. Might have to get myself one. Therefore, I’d be interested in an a& m cylinder. Adrian has done some rimfire work for me before. Seen him at work and he’s also a good bloke.

He is - I've never met them but, I've spoken to Ady and Mandy a few times, they're nice people and, their products and service are first class :thumbs:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

This a shot count test with my Kt a couple of years ago - the cylinder gave me at least 2 more mags of shots.

Ive now got one on my full length HW100 but, I haven't tested the count.

......... it'll be at least 3 more mags.

IMG_20160331_163310.jpg

Cheers for that..... 

• Like 1

The being able to take it off while charged is a good thing and being cheaper is a bounus!

i have an a&m and putting the filler probe in is not exactly fluid!

if I was to buy again I’d go for the tube and fit the original end caps to it.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the ratworks cylinder has a larger capacity/higher shot count like the a&m, or is it the same capacity as a standard cylinder but lighter in weight. I’m thinking that the ratworks cylinder is the same outside diameter as the original standard cylinder,whereas the a&m is larger?