Should I upgrade to an hw100

I've been offered a hw100 second hand. I'm considering selling my bsa scorpion t10, adding a couple of hundred quid and upgrading to the hw100. 

Im generally happy with the bsa but I've heard the hw100 is lovely and a new gun is always tempting. 

My only hesitation is the weight. Is the carbine version preferable?

any thoughts would be great to help with this decision! 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BSA t10 tuned by air tech will cost you about £180 , for that you will have one hell of a gun , new reg , all internals set up and a fantastic silencer shroud made from carbon fibre which will be dead

Im a big fan of the t10 but then again im a big fan of the hw100 ks as well both top class rifles , but i think the hw100ks is the rifle i would go for out of both of them the carb

Like JJ said £160  for A&M and ratworks are £125 but with ratworks cylinders you can take the off without bleeding the air off https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Weihrauch-HW100-Lightweight-Air-Tube-Assem

Posted Images

Now that is a tricky question. 

I had the Carbine because I just found the full length version way to front end heavy but that is just me. The 'K' has a smaller shot count unless you spend another £150 for an A&M cylinder whereas the 'S' version will throw out about 100 shots per fill with the standard cylinder.

It is down to what you like...................................there is always the HW110 which is full length but feels like a carbine but only 10 shot mags instead of 14 on the HW100.

I must confess a real liking for the 110 and is on my hit list at the moment.

Phil

Im a big fan of the t10 but then again im a big fan of the hw100 ks as well

both top class rifles ,

but

i think the hw100ks is the rifle i would go for out of both of them

the carbine is a little lighter than the full length version 

its got better shot count and comes with 14 shot mags

and is as accurate as feck a blind man could shoot one

cocking arm is second to none and silent

if you miss with a hw100 of any format its you and not the rifle

If iv got a job to do i pick the hw100ks up every time

and the rest are left behind

iv only got one or two mind :whistling:

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2

Personally, I have both you mention, I prefer the hw100, but they both shoot good, the hw certainly has the edge.

however, I have done a few mods to my hw, it has the a&m cylinder, brings the balance back into the shoulder and much higher shot count, I also swapped the mod for the a&m, neither upgrades were cheap, but both well worth doing.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Personally, I have both you mention, I prefer the hw100, but they both shoot good, the hw certainly has the edge.

however, I have done a few mods to my hw, it has the a&m cylinder, brings the balance back into the shoulder and much higher shot count, I also swapped the mod for the a&m, neither upgrades were cheap, but both well worth doing.

I think an A&M is the next thing on my hit list

but mine is so sweet to shoot Rob im a bit iffy about changing it lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I think an A&M is the next thing on my hit list

but mine is so sweet to shoot Rob im a bit iffy about changing it lol

Jimmy, do it pal, Mine is a one in a million rifle, from the day I got it, shoots so well you couldn't make it up, but the a&m totally transformed it, was a good solid rifle, and it didn't bother me about the weight, but once I felt the change, no way on this earth would I go back.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Jimmy, do it pal, Mine is a one in a million rifle, from the day I got it, shoots so well you couldn't make it up, but the a&m totally transformed it, was a good solid rifle, and it didn't bother me about the weight, but once I felt the change, no way on this earth would I go back.

What A&M mod have you got fitted to yours Rob

i found that the hw mod was quieter for some reason on the hw100

mind if i put the Marksman on its a lot quieter But i feel its dose not feel like a carbine any more lol

and the twink is not as good as the hw mod on the 100

I shoot the KT .177 and KS .22 and totally agree with all the lad`s advice if you like to walk about.

However, on a personal note I prefer the KT, as standard and purposely leave my pod on to make it as heavy as possible because I get some really great results static hunting.

Heavier, the better and steadier, when static hunting off a bipod or shooting sticks etc, etc.

You`ll never double load a HW 100, or outshoot one and I stick to 4 x 14 shot magazine rule, again yet to run out of shots when hunting.( 52) +

Good luck with your choices Will  :good:

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Will333 said:

I've been offered a hw100 second hand. I'm considering selling my bsa scorpion t10, adding a couple of hundred quid and upgrading to the hw100. 

Im generally happy with the bsa but I've heard the hw100 is lovely and a new gun is always tempting. 

My only hesitation is the weight. Is the carbine version preferable?

any thoughts would be great to help with this decision! 

save your money stick with the bsa  just as good as any top rifle . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are mint man and I personally thought quite light... I have no idea why some think there heavy.

Anyway. Im not sure you'll be that impressed consideing you own a T10. Keep that and get the bollox tuned off it. XTX or a Bowkett blueprint would save you money and your scorpion will hold its own with any PCP, let alone a 100. 

One of the best 3 PCP's I've shot was a very old blueprinted hornet. Razor like accuracy and I still think about that rifle.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rez said:

They are mint man and I personally thought quite light... I have no idea why some think there heavy.

Anyway. Im not sure you'll be that impressed consideing you own a T10. Keep that and get the bollox tuned off it. XTX or a Bowkett blueprint would save you money and your scorpion will hold its own with any PCP, let alone a 100. 

One of the best 3 PCP's I've shot was a blueprinted hornet. Razor like accuracy. Still think about that rifle.

Agree with the tune, xtx or ratworks makes heck of a difference with any gun, I had a ratworks r10 and was mighty impressed with the work and difference it made to an already quite good gun.

But it's a journey, constantly checking new guns, trying different ones out, it's addictive, chopping and changing, regretting letting that certain one go....I make sure I have at least 4 keepersat any one time, but I still keep an eye open for the next one to join us.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Will333 said:

I suppose what I need help with deciding is whether I buy the second hand hw100 or look out for a carbine hw100 second hand? 

(Or potentially look into the hw110) 

Personally I would go with carbine over full length, I sold my sporter in favour of the kt, and whilst some cannot get on with thumbhole, it suits me just fine.

• Like 1

BSA t10 tuned by air tech will cost you about £180 , for that you will have one hell of a gun , new reg , all internals set up and a fantastic silencer shroud made from carbon fibre which will be deadly quite , this gun will match any top priced pcp pellet for pellet . Rat works   will be about £230ish .

Or you could buy the best out of the box PCP of all time HW 100k , better mag system, two 14 shot magazines , the best silencer ( I have tried most ) deadly accurate , better built than any other pcp imo.

Like others have said the only other thing worth buying is A&m cylinder , makes it lighter more shots and better balance. For cylinders have a look at the new ones from ratworks they are very good and also from Carl at air tech 

The last two I mentioned you can take them off without draining the air out , unlike the a&m ones

IMO HW100 k all day long 

Have a look at tbe HW110 as well 

• Like 3