Silened 12g

25 minutes ago, 3175darren said:

Yes I agree they will, but BB’s are very good, when shooting through Squirel drays, especially when they in the bottom of old magpie nests, they are a very handy shell, I don’t use many, but when I do they do the job,   

Fair comments ?

On 16/02/2018 at 14:21, Rimfireboy! said:

I’ve never used a moderated 12, but I have them in .410 and 20. With the exception of eley fourlongs and cheddite silencia cartridges, the Hull 23gram subsonic 20’s are about the same noise as most .410 cartridges I’ve tried in the modded .410.  The 20 hushpower certainly hits a lot harder than the .410, but it depends what you need it for. I’m thinking about getting one of the hushpower Yildiz.410’s. They’re supposed to be really quiet with subsonic cartridges.

9D4844C2-0D06-43B2-9158-DBE53D5D9A6C.jpeg

33D8CFA9-5A71-4ECA-81C1-C393D9FB4786.jpeg

Can I ask what that sight is, rimfire boy, and how do you find using one on a shotgun, I found mine strange at first, 

50 minutes ago, Deker said:

Indeed they can be, but a 5 or 6 cartridge (or even smaller) can usually bring down/destroy the nest where a heavy can sometimes seemingly do little damage.    

There are a lot of different cartridges out there and careful choice on a job for job, even shot for shot basis, can be required!  :thumbs:

I know what you are saying and in most cases you are right, but nothing in my opinion will go through a thick nest like a B.B. you can see it come through the top, and to be honest it’s never really failed me, as for foxes I have shot the out of high seats before with BB’s, and they don’t move generally , just drop, I know what underdog is saying, I have shot a fair few with number4’s, and there are a number of cartridges that will do the job, but I do prefer to stick more toward what I have tried and tested over the yrs, I think the one thing the 12 has over them both is cartridge choice, although my back is knacked and they are too numb to swing for me, although the single might be worth a try,

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 3175darren said:

Can I ask what that sight is, rimfire boy, and how do you find using one on a shotgun, I found mine strange at first, 

Tesco pro point. I just move the red dot through the target as you would with a bead. I find it easier with the red dot on a hushpower.

43577032-DC4B-49E7-A67E-FC4DBBE62197.jpeg