New ferret today

I bought a new Jill ferret today off a friend of mine, surprised he parted with her, she is a 2 yr old and pregnant, we don’t see many of this long necked type any more, use to be loads of them around when I was a kid, I always liked them.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some places we have in britian beautiful the estate I was on yesterday 

Them Dales are really pretty,... (I never catch feck all),.but the craic is reet good and the scenery impressively beautiful...  This Summer I am going to treat the Wife to a few days away,..it w

It's ok, hardly anybody puts any hunting related stuff on here, so we have to read something., besides I like watching kid's play as long as they don't hurt each other.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Left one up.the moors yesterday simaler pain in the ass every time you went to pick.it up it would run back.in te hole 

How old was it?

People make a mistake when they are young, not letting them walk clear before picking them up, it can teach them that habit usually they grow out of that 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Sirblessed said:

How old was it?

People make a mistake when they are young, not letting them walk clear before picking them up, it can teach them that habit usually they grow out of that 

Walk clear lol was a fast we one typical polecat it's sister is fine so keep the better of the 2 which I was going to do 

1 minute ago, nothernlite said:

Walk clear lol was a fast we one typical polecat it's sister is fine so keep the better of the 2 which I was going to do 

I only see this in young ferrets from time to time, once they get use to you and know what it's about, they grow out of it. they are super keen, scared of you or playing. can be annoying! I let them walk clear of the burrow with all my young, then later you dont have to worry JMO

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, socks said:

It probably is to somebody that doesn't have a clue ... especially one that would just leave a ferret on a Moore ... Cnuts trick that .....

Well either that or chap it c**ts trick. Lol  ffs you getting all sentimental ???got another here 4 years old black eyed silver starting to do the same going to a pet home 

14 minutes ago, Sirblessed said:

I only see this in young ferrets from time to time, once they get use to you and know what it's about, they grow out of it. they are super keen, scared of you or playing. can be annoying! I let them walk clear of the burrow with all my young, then later you dont have to worry JMO

Your right sierblessed but hard to walk away from a mass of holes tried coxing it with a dead rabbit but every time went to pick it up.it would leave it and bolt us it was getting dark so it's in the hands of the gods now 

Edited by nothernlite
Just now, nothernlite said:

Well either that or chap it c**ts trick. Lol  ffs you getting all sentimental ???got another here 4 years old black eyed silver starting to do the same going to a pet home 

Nothing to do with being sentimental and everything to do with doing right by the animal ... knock it on the head or pet home it ... but don't leave the poor f***ing thing up on a moor to potentially starve to death ... like I said cnuts trick .......

• Like 1
Just now, nothernlite said:

Starve to death a ferret cmon now it can kill a rabbit  it's not a defenceless we hamster it's a ferret and a nothern ferret the rabbits are easy to catch up here so.it could probally get one running the speed of the we thing ??

I said potentially ... it's been raised in captivity not in the wild ... anyway no matter how you dress it up it's a cnuts trick ......