• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Forest Queen
      Help Required as to ancestry /history of my saluki /Greyhound. 
      I have just lost my dog of a lifetime to cancer, she was 11/12 yrs old.I am truly heartbroken. 
      I'm not a hunter,but have always loved sight hounds in particular salukis.
      My dog Fern was a very distinguishable sighthound ,her colouring alone a mutated dilute. Was quite a show stopper. I'd have people literally stopping cars to ask what she was as she held herself well and looked awesome. 
      She was Steel and tan with a white butterfly on chest. White tips on feet. 
      Fur like velvet and shone.
      A glamourous looking dog.
      She passed through I believe 5 lurcher men before coming to me age around 4 yrs. 
      I had her 8 yrs. 
      I have  sketchy details of her young life and know she was initially used as a racing dog and then a lampers dog. Until she hurt her spine and broke a toe.  
      Fern was born around 2009,lived in North East England (Northumberland).
      I believe she had two litters of puppies (do you have one?)
      Lived Winlaton, Mickley,Prudhoe , Ryton, Greenside, Horsley.
      I believe her father (sire) may of being khan jihad. 
      I believe her mother (dam) was a steel greyhound and was a Irish coursing champion.  
      Does anyone know who that might be?
      Who bred Fern?
      Does her heritage fit time scale wise?
      I would dearly love to know as I said, totally in bits at her loss. 
      I just want to try and recreate her or seek out someone who might be able too from same lineage. 
      Whilst I'm not a hunter, I turned Fern from huntress to helper in that I used her skills and abilities to bring deer out to me to photograph, as I'm a professional photographer. We were quite a team. 
      I just loved everything about that girl.
      Thanks for any help received.

• By Kingofthelamp
      What in your opinions would be the best thing to breed a deerhound/greyhound to but still looking to keep size and speed just something nice to throw into the mix or even more greyhound what do you lot think?...
      Cheers
    • By bbower_s
      What do people reckon to a pure greyhound brought on from a pup ?
    • By Fox dog
      Hi Lads anyone have any planned litters of collie hounds coming up?