I personally only use single bands 6" long, I do have many forks so if I need heavier ammo I use a wider single, I use 15mm wide for targets in the garden 25mm is my general target/ small game both with 9.5 steel and 32mm singles fire 12mm leads if I,m after pheasants, if your new to it I would suggest you go on eBay and buy a meter of tbg and a rotary cutter it will cost about a tenner then you can cut a few sets as and when you need them until you settle on what suits you, some people prefer tapered bands so wider at the forks than at the pouch end which again is something you can play with if you get some band and a cutter 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I personally only use single bands 6" long, I do have many forks so if I need heavier ammo I use a wider single, I use 15mm wide for targets in the garden 25mm is my general target/ small game both with 9.5 steel and 32mm singles fire 12mm leads if I,m after pheasants, if your new to it I would suggest you go on eBay and buy a meter of tbg and a rotary cutter it will cost about a tenner then you can cut a few sets as and when you need them until you settle on what suits you, some people prefer tapered bands so wider at the forks than at the pouch end which again is something you can play with if you get some band and a cutter 

Thanks for your advice

On 10/02/2018 at 15:14, Bushhound said:

I have a twin banded catty Theraband gold ,using 9mm bearings just doesn't seem powerful enough even when I hit the Bulls eye at a metre knock out but soon back up.could the ammo affect the stopping power.

For hunting bigger ammo is better. The general rule is 11mm lead , 12 1/2mm steel or bigger. Yes some people will take out game with smaller ammo but you have a morral duty to kill an animal quickly and cleanly. As for band set GZK bands are far better than Theraband gold for 9.5mm steel I like 20-25mm single band 0.76mm thick or for hunting 11mm lead 20-25mm single band 0.80mm thick or Orange Dub Dub tubes are great

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Devon Minnow said:

For hunting bigger ammo is better. The general rule is 11mm lead , 12 1/2mm steel or bigger. Yes some people will take out game with smaller ammo but you have a morral duty to kill an animal quickly and cleanly. As for band set GZK bands are far better than Theraband gold for 9.5mm steel I like 20-25mm single band 0.76mm thick or for hunting 11mm lead 20-25mm single band 0.80mm thick or Orange Dub Dub tubes are great

The gzk white and red arrived today,I had seen some good YouTube vids